Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm a new owner of a DS HSE SD4, 2018. I've been exploring the entertainment system and its various settings. There doesn't seem to be anyway to view/update the firmware? I'm not sure if I'm running the latest firmware available or not and therefore I don't know if I'm missing out on features?? Apparently there's a TV feature and dual screen? I don't have the ICTP(?) upgrade, just the standard screen with traditional buttons on each side.

Thanks in advance!
D

·
Registered
846 Posts
Any pictures of the uni might help❓

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plant Vehicle Steering part Car Automotive design

Basically this. I saw a YouTube video where this display was in use and they mentioned Dual View. However, this looks like a feature for the 10" ICTP..

·
Registered
612 Posts
View attachment 11922

Basically this. I saw a YouTube video where this display was in use and they mentioned Dual View. However, this looks like a feature for the 10" ICTP..
I think that is actually an after market product that replaces the original Incontrol Touch system.

For Incontrol Touch version info, see here:

However, only a dealer can update it and that usually costs unless you are under warranty and experiencing issues.

The best upgrade you can do to speed up the SavNav is with a class 10 SD card. I use a Mac so used Disk Utility to take a complete image (clone) of the SD card and then restored it to a new class 10 SD card. The main speed improvement I see is loading, inputing postcodes and then calculating the route. I also like to have a backup!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
That photo is of the aftermarket conversion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does the aftermarket conversation mean? I was referring to the hardware. This photo is not my car but I have the same hardware (screen with physical buttons down each side) . I believe this has Android CarPlay installed with Unique-AD.

·
Registered
846 Posts
It’s just the standard display unless there has been a hardware retrofit, otherwise no car/air play

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
What does the aftermarket conversation mean? I was referring to the hardware. This photo is not my car but I have the same hardware (screen with physical buttons down each side) . I believe this has Android CarPlay installed with Unique-AD.
It may look like yours, however you cannot have carplay installed on that factory fitted unit. Carplay/Android Auto upgrade is possible on ICTP 10" screen versions from 2017/18 onards up until facelifted version with Privipro. What is shown in that photo is discussed in depth on this thread

1 - 9 of 9 Posts