Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone on here have a faulty sunglasses holder?
My has been faulty since day one (over two months ago) and still no word when a replacement will be available.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Biggles said:
My has been faulty since day one (over two months ago) and still no word when a replacement will be available.
What's wrong with it exactly? Mine doesn't actually close when I put sunglasses in it, but I thought that was just an undocumented feature :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine wouldn't always open, I thought it was the glasses catching but when I spoke to the dealer they said to bring it in. It's been replaced and has been fine ever since.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Mine opens fine. And closes IF you get the glasses in the right place. I can't work out the latch mechanism. I tried to store the little cleaning cloth in there with the glasses but it would never close if I did that. With just the glasses in, provided they're tucked right in, it's fine. (touchwood)

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you have the meridian system you don't get a sunglasses holder ... We have the transmitter for the headphones

·
Registered
13 Posts
Biggles said:
Yes, the open and close mechanism doesn't appear to be very strong. It does not close flush with the roof.

·
Registered
677 Posts
You mean to say, I've been putting my sunglasses in the little cubby hole in front of the gear lever, and I've got a sunglasses holder. You learn something new everyday.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Reading the hand book will solve all your DS problems

·
Registered
829 Posts
So you are no longer selling?

·
Registered
677 Posts
One thing I'm not guilty of, I haven't read it word for word but enough to work the major features of the car, the answers to my problems can't be found in the handbook.

Not selling at the moment, had a couple of days enjoying it and the love is starting come.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ozsport said:
Biggles said:
What's wrong with it exactly? Mine doesn't actually close when I put sunglasses in it, but I thought that was just an undocumented feature :)
I just doesn't open at all now. Dealer tried to fix it but gave up. Been ordered for weeks now :oops:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Meridian system and the sunglass holder.
I haven't used it at all since my "modern" sunglasses don't fit in.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
iLuH

Paul the wall posted that he hasn't got a sunglass holder with his meridian system, I haven't got it with mine either.
Seems odd that you have as there is nowhere for it to go on my car. I see that yours is an Si4 but wouldn't have thought that would make a difference.

·
Registered
829 Posts
iLuH may not have the entertainment pack but rather only the upgraded stereo?

·
Registered
796 Posts
If you have the dual view screen then when selected the sound from the audio comes out of the wireless headphones and the driver still can hear the sat navigation and all other driving related sounds

·
Registered
510 Posts
No problems with mine at all, and conveniently placed. My sun glasses have large lenses (similar to old Raybans), so weight does not impair it's operation either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
IluH said:
I have the Meridian system and the sunglass holder.
I haven't used it at all since my "modern" sunglasses don't fit in.
I want to add that I have the Meridian Audio and HDD sat nav BUT NO dual view display or rear seat entertainment.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.