Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to book my DS to get the niggles sorted. A few things to get other users experiences...

Whining/loud fuel pump. Anybody else noticed the whine from outside the DS towards the when idling? I assume it is fuel pump.
2nd to 3rd gearshift on the auto get aggressive and a real thump, unlike all the other shifts which are seamless.
Outside temperature display on satnav screen sometimes different from centre instrument binnacle.
Seatbelt warning chime dodger sound
Panel gaps. Everything is perfect except near side passenger door.

I have the seat release spring to check and the DAB loss on braking to rectify.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I am in the same situation as you .. I have a list which my sales man is aware I am making and am now ready to book it in ... my fuel pump whines but I think that is just normal. . Other things include the dab radio brake issue, rear tailgate has come loose and out of alignment , rear tailgate seal fills with water then drips on you when opening , numerous rattles , parcel shelf rattles when closed bad design , the gear selector makes a knocking sound when I press the brake pedal , rear trim round the exhaust vibrates with the sound system ...

·
Registered
677 Posts
My one has got rattle inside the B pillar from the seat belt, drivers door line doesn't match up with the rear door. It's already had its rear seat squeak fixed.

Not impressed with it. Fast falling out of love with it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love the car and I don't want to moan; but a problem shared is a problem halved - so FYI, my snag list: -

* DAB radio / rear brake light
* One rear seat creased and badly stitched
* 3rd row of seats don't click back into place and therefore bounce over speedbumps
* D pillars (black pack) covered in tiny scratches giving an altogether grey effect
* Front undershield - central panel not flush with outer panels, ill-fitted
* Central vents squeak at low air conditioning level (1 and 2)
* Bonnet usually closes about half an inch off-centre, so clearly loose
* Voice command for music doesn't work with iPhone 4s or 5s
* Sat Nav - lack of town names renders it useless, particularly with its penchant for avoiding towns and using lanes instead.

I forgot to mention to them that the car still sometimes makes that electrical whining sound for a full half an hour after being switched off and locked.

Probably a bit pedantic of me, but when something is actively marketed as a "premium" product, one expects it to live up to the hype.

There's a six-week wait at my dealer for a courtesy car, so it is booked in for a look in July.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I am in the process of making a list for Guy Salmon next week, so far I have
~ Battery goes flat / looses charge.
~ Air conditioning hisses more or less continually if switched on.
~ Bluetooth streaming jumps on iPhone 4
~ Media screen failed to come on once.
~ Instrument lighting adjustment works sometimes and sometime does not.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The fixes done. All I belive are quality issues rather than faults as they could have easily been picked up during build or PDI.
Squeaks and rattles - rear seats, b pillars, 3rd row seats, centre console
Sat nav not initiated
Air conditioning not filled with gas
No bonnet stops
Battery cover not secured
DAB signal loss braking
Missing Isofix covers
Thankfully all small, and now resolved, apart from the odd random squeak. It's like having mice in the DS. But as many have mentioned not what you'd expect in a £40k plus car straight out of the factory.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Jpb_uk said:
The fixes done. All I belive are quality issues rather than faults as they could have easily been picked up during build or PDI.
Sat nav not initiated
No bonnet stops
DAB signal loss braking
Missing Isofix covers
Thankfully all small, and now resolved, apart from the odd random squeak. It's like having mice in the DS. But as many have mentioned not what you'd expect in a £40k plus car straight out of the factory.
Update:
Now have to add infotainment system that doesn't output any audio/sound :(

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Moose said:
Update - air con now fixed, not enough gas put in at the factory.
- Bluetooth better after software update but not fixed,
- Battery has not gone flat yet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Radds said:
I love the car and I don't want to moan; but a problem shared is a problem halved - so FYI, my snag list: -

* DAB radio / rear brake light
* One rear seat creased and badly stitched
* 3rd row of seats don't click back into place and therefore bounce over speedbumps
* D pillars (black pack) covered in tiny scratches giving an altogether grey effect
* Front undershield - central panel not flush with outer panels, ill-fitted
* Central vents squeak at low air conditioning level (1 and 2)
* Bonnet usually closes about half an inch off-centre, so clearly loose
* Voice command for music doesn't work with iPhone 4s or 5s
* Sat Nav - lack of town names renders it useless, particularly with its penchant for avoiding towns and using lanes instead.

I forgot to mention to them that the car still sometimes makes that electrical whining sound for a full half an hour after being switched off and locked.

Probably a bit pedantic of me, but when something is actively marketed as a "premium" product, one expects it to live up to the hype.

There's a six-week wait at my dealer for a courtesy car, so it is booked in for a look in July.
Since there's a round of updates: -

* I've now had the low battery warning and deactivation of electrics a couple of mornings,
* The park assist is effing useless and a total waste of nearly a grand - we've used it three times, the first it parked a full 18 inches from the kerb, the second it cancelled itself halfway through getting into a tight space, and the third it parked ON the kerb.

I'm losing patience now. Delivery was delayed supposedly becuase of extra quality controls; a concept which at this stage is laughable.

Even where things do work properly they are not fit for purpose.

From what I hear on the grapevine, the long wait for service is because there is a massive queue of returned vehicles needing attention.

·
Registered
741 Posts
J77 said:
My one has got rattle inside the B pillar from the seat belt,
+1 seems to rattle where the seat belt top guide under the b-pillar trim meet - only happens in UK though as it stopped when I got to France and smoother roads!

Biggest concern was as soon as I got in the car I said the tyre pressures are far too high (she said only I would notice)! Having had FL2 and RRE (with and without magna suspension) I thought it would driver like a steel sprung RRE, but it was really twitchy and rock hard ride. Instead of TP 2.5 front and 2.1 back I had 2.7 and 2.8 at the front and 3.9 and 3.7 at the back - WTF - letter to dealer on the way; very dnagerous not to mention knackering to the tyres.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Mine is booked in on 1st of July ... told them I don't want it back till they are all fixed ... until then ive stuffed foam into everywhere it rattles ... the main one being where the centre console meets the dash .

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry to high-jack this thread ; Mr BFGDSMan, will you let me know more about your 235 bhp engine upgrade as it sounds a great modification. How does it affect your warranty?
thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Jpb_uk said:
Jpb_uk said:
Sat nav not initiated
No bonnet stops
DAB signal loss braking
Missing Isofix covers
Update:
Now have to add infotainment system that doesn't output any audio/sound :(
Update 2:
maybe the infotainment breaking was a blessing! as I sat in silence driving to work I noticed a metal to metal 'clunk' & 'ting' every now and again. in the works car park we have speed bumps and as I drove over each one the noise was obvious and loud! coming from the front end! what is it with these vehicles, had it only two months and had more faults, and more trips to the dealers than my last three cars put together! are we just having bad luck or is this an indication across the majority of DS's on the road? :shock:
the only positive is that the dealer has been really helpful and they have good coffee and give you biscuits! :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Must say my wife's has been faultless so far although I suspect the aircon may need topped up. She said there was a gurgling noise although I've never heard it! It seems to work OK so I'm waiting to hear this gurgling. It's not water as I immediately checked the levels.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Gogsy said:
Must say my wife's has been faultless so far although I suspect the aircon may need topped up. She said there was a gurgling noise although I've never heard it! It seems to work OK so I'm waiting to hear this gurgling. It's not water as I immediately checked the levels.
That's how mine started, then got a bit worse, more of a hissing.
The air con continued to work fine, this was a simple fix for the dealer

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Moose said:
Moose said:
Update - air con now fixed, not enough gas put in at the factory.
- Bluetooth better after software update but not fixed,
- Battery has not gone flat yet.
2nd Update - Battery now flat, only used it last Sunday, LR assist booked to come out tonight a 7

·
Registered
677 Posts
Other than my squeaky back seat, mines fine.

Although the drivers door seems to be a tad higher than the passengers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
have had mine for two months. After about 1000 miles I started to hear a rattle (metallic sound) from the glove compartment area. Took it to the service center, they did something, got it back and it started again. Told them that it had to go on a longish fast run (over 50mph) in order to be able to hear it. Got it back, fixed: something to do with the bolts which hold the dashboard and the frame of the car together.
After a few days, rattle appeared on driver's side!!! Booked it in again and reminded them to go on long fast run. Rang me to say it was ready, and I asked if the car had gone out for a proper run. Reassured it had (although from the Incontrol Remote I could see it hadn't!). Picked it up a week ago... and today it has started again on the driver's side.
Taking the matter to Head Office on Monday as I can't spend my time going backwards and forwards to the garage.
The rest seems fine a part for not being able to have the temperature set on "low" without air conditioning coming on. I can't have a setting where the car just takes in the external air as it is: any help?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.