Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to collect my new DS finally (ordered November 2014!) next week...

Had a look on TOPIX and found a logged issue Q528 to do with my car but can't see contents
Does anyone know what is involved?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BAD news...

Today at LR dealer discovered Q528 = message by LR UK to all dealers (in countries where Ingenium Diesels are introduced) to hold ALL MY2016 cars due to issue whereby cable of NOx sensor could possibly overheat/get damaged while it runs to close to the exhaust...

LR mentions on TOPIX that no fix is available yet and all cars not handed to customers on or before the 9th of September should be kept at dealerships awaiting a fix

I am deeply disappointed as my car is ready for delivery (only been waiting since November 2014)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please explain what the fix is as my dealer had not been informed of any!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dont know exactly.

I know the NOx sensor was replaced and I think it needed an approved clip to hold the cable clear of the source of damage.

My dealer was suitably vague when the fault occurred as they thought they knew what was required but needed LR to come up with something official, and so didnt want to commit to something when LR might come up with something else.

I was also just pleased to know it was fixed and I could collect my car, so I didnt ask what the fix was in detail.

I may be lucky in a way that mine actually suffered the fault and is probably one of the cars the fix was first implemented on.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport, just noticed your other post to Pete in LR customer relations about this.

I didn't respond to that post, so that it doesn't dilute Pete's response, but as far as I know, it only affects Ingenium engined cars as the sensor is measuring NOx to determine how much Adblue to add.
The fault resulted in my car going into restricted performance mode.
I'm assuming that the car knows it has Adblue (no Adblue = engine won't start), and so defaults to a set amount of Adblue being added, and so the engine is allowed to run but in the restricted mode.

Sorry. should have added some of this detail before, but I was on my phone before (which is a pain to type lots on).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ouch,
my car is sitting in the dealer compound too.
I had a quick peek today but the sales guy didn't mention the sensor.
I suppose they hadn't checked yet as the car had only just come off the trailer.

Martin

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the updates!

Hope the fix is soon "approved" as the TOPIX message stated no fix had yet been released?

Anyone else who has been told by their dealer of delays in delivery or fixes?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Worryingly, my 2.0 ingenium engine car was ordered Tuesday of this week and delivered to me yesterday (Friday), as was in stock.
I wonder if my dealer knows about this code from LR?
I'll contact the dealer in the morning to see if they are aware of the issue and whether the car has had the modification.
Will report back...

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
82TLT said:
Worryingly, my 2.0 ingenium engine car was ordered Tuesday of this week and delivered to me yesterday (Friday), as was in stock.
I wonder if my dealer knows about this code from LR?
I'll contact the dealer in the morning to see if they are aware of the issue and whether the car has had the modification.
Will report back...
Hi 82TLT, hope you managed to get some sleep before you go and will be interested to hear what they say. Cheers

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is this the "Outstanding Campaign" at the top of the Topix page?

I think my car has been delivered. I'm going later today to sort paperwork out. My salesman who comes across as pretty switched on, seems confident we'll have the motor in a day or two after PDI and posh polish.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes to your question

I asked my dealer if he couldn't ignore the LR UK guidance but the Dutch importer refuses to sign off on new car registrations/plates untill solved...(that is why cars put on a plate before 9th of September ARE with their owners now)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have just spoken to my dealer who told me that my car is not affected by the Q528 LR directive.
Apparently my car was dispatched to the dealership from the factory on 3rd September 2015, so perhaps this issue only affects vehicles built around a certain date.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wouldnt believe your dealer.
Mine was dispatched from the factory on the 1st as well, and as I understand it, this issue affects all MY16 cars.

To be sure, check your car on Topix. If it affects your car it will be shown as an outstanding campaign.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry, it was dispatched on the 3rd and not the 1st.
I have also just checked with another LR dealer and there is no outstanding matter on my car.
I might have hit lucky this time!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.