Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are based in Dublin and bought a new TD4 150 HSE 7 seater. Driving home from the dealership I immediately noticed 5th and 6th were hard to select but put it down to not being used to the car. 20 km down the motorway the engine light came on so pulled in and checked the manual which said it was imessions related. I contacted the dealer the following day and he organised to have his demo model dropped to me and take mine to be repaired. I noticed the gears selected much better in the demo car so called dealer again to explain. I was told they noticed the gear problem and we're going to adjust the gear selection. I got the car back within a week with new EGR valve housing fitted.
Next problem after getting the car back was a nasty squeak in the centre console/dash. Also the fm radio signal was very poor and the rubber seal around one of the rear doors had come away and would not push back in to place. I again got on to the dealer and arranged the car to go back in early the following week.
A couple of days later and before I got a chance to go back to the dealer, I had parked the car and when I got back to it, it opened and started as normal but ALL the warning lights remained on the dash, the centre console was dead and there was 15 separate warnings displayed on the lcd between the clocks. Just about everything had failed. I again called the dealer who told me to call breakdown assist. I was not far from the dealership and would have driven the car there but there was no power steering and hand break would not release. I was even unable at one stage to turn off the engine !
When the AA guy called he was unable to get it going so ordered a recovery vehicle to bring it back to the dealership.
The car is 3 weeks old today and I have had it for less than a full week.
I sent an email expressing my dissatisfaction to the general manager of Land Rover Ireland and 6 days later (yesterday) got a reply saying they were sorry for my troubles and offered me the first service free and a €500 voucher for a weekend break, What a joke !
During the week I hired the services of an independent engineer who confirmed what the garage told me which is that there is an intermittent problem with the cars wiring and they were taking orders from Land Rover technical but had not found any resolution.
My worry is that the car may need to be fully stripped to repair or replace the wiring and I know if this happens, it will never be put back together properly.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

G

·
My thoughts are that they have made some attempts at fixing various problems that you have with the car. However since they still don't know what the real issue is, they should replace the DS with another new one.....the issue here though is that you would probably have to wait for some time...there aren't to many around the dealers.

So I would push them for a replacement vehicle.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Funkster and thanks for your earlier feedback, I gave the garage the benefit of the doubt and allowed them to strip the car and make the necessary repairs, they think it was a loose connection on the wiring loome.
I have the car back over a month now without any major problems (fingers crossed)
I notice that you also have a TD4 150. Just wondering how economical you find it.
Mine was averaging 10.1 L/100 km (29 mpg). It was doing a lot of short trips so didn't expect it to be great.
I have just got a stage 2 software remap done and after 100 km of average driving its now down to 7.4 -L/100km. I expect this to go up slightly when it goes back to doing short trips but the overall result is very impressive and leads me to think that there was issues with the software in my car or perhaps all the TD4 150 motors ?
Anyone else with feedback.
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts