Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting for HSE Lux, original delivery date end May then delayed by factory to last week in June. Build start date was apparently 12 June. I am now told by dealer car has been "held back" by factory along with a number of other vehicles. Dealer has mentioned quarantining but seems unsure whether this is actually the case. Despite the dealer, Guy Salmon Portsmouth, LR customer services and letters for me to both JLR CEO and Land Rover UK Managing Director, I simply cannot get any information.

Seems my car has gone into a black hole. Utterly appealing what to treat customers. Am considering simply walking away from the order and going back to BMW which I have had before.

Anyone else with similar experience.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Westfleet,
When I read your post I thought I was reading about my car.. Exactly the same dates and same dealer and same result. I ordered in March and was given 22 May delivery date which later changed to 26 June. Like you my car is quarantined for a quality issue also. Can't get a date or any info. My understanding is the original May date was made up by the dealer as they had run out of build slots and guest when they would be allocated new dates but got it wrong. It so frustrating and JLR just don't care.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I thought I was just one unlucky customer. I've purchased and run endless different cars from BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and Mini. This has been the most frustrating experience and I've never previously felt completely disregarded by a company like JLR. Great temptation to loose patience with the dealer but they are as isolated as I am. It is a corporate failing and one which they need to cure if they are to avoid large scale customer migration.

Westfleet

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have written to Pete from JLR social media team to see if he can find out what is going on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Exactly the same story, same build date, I was booked in for exact time on 22nd, still no idea what the issue is.

Dealership suddenly aren't Land Rover just 'the dealership'

It's very frustrating and worrying, I'm considering cancelling. I've already sold my car and they sorted out a fiesta for me

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have either of you had any conversation with the dealer about compensation from LR over these delays. Also, did you get any discount on list price as part of the purchase? I've been offered £500 worth of accessories only and paid list price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also paid full list price but my previous cars MOT ran out on the delivery day so the have given me a loan car. I have not been offered any other compensation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What loan car did you get? I'm struggling big time.
They keeping saying 'you'll have more information by the weekend' then I don't hear anything, and I have to call them, and the whole process starts again.
They're almost getting annoyed with me, the attitude of the guy I am speaking to stinks!
The response I got about a Loan car was ' I don't just have cars sitting about you know'

I just keep getting brushed off and it's the attitude and lack of information that's annoying more than anything

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have just received an email from my dealer here in Australia stating my car has been built and is on its way. Was scheduled to be built week ending 3/7 and planned delivery on 18/9 which he has stated should now be late August early September. Didn't seem to be any talk of delays in factory there. Now I'm
Just hoping it gets here ok!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Ausdisco (nice name :)),
That's probably because Australia will still be getting the old engines until some time next year. I think the current delays relate mainly to euro spec ingenium engines.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes, http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=828

The 16MY expected deliveries are scheduled to commence September 2015. However retailers should have demonstrators during August.

They will be offered with the 2.0L Diesel engine, this is outlined in the ebrochure which can be downloaded now for the 16MY.

Build slots will be allocated shortly as we approach the start of production for these vehicles, which is currently scheduled for approximately July/August. When you receive your confirmation will depend on the order it is submitted to us and how many orders are in front of yours at present not only from the individual retailer but overall.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok, so my car has made it into LR's compound so should become available to the dealer. Still no explanation or confirmation of a delivery date...but I'm hoping today's message was progress...

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Well done DiscBob, shouldn't be too long now. Cleaned mine for first time today and looks brilliant, Firenze doesn't show the dirt very much at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just heard from LR Executive Team my car has been released from the factory to sales. Still not able to tell me exactly what has been done other than to say they have changed supplier on seats and my seats have been "upgraded". I assume that simply means to the new supplier rather than to a higher spec as I have ordered the top spec anyway. Now just need LR and my dealer to speed up transport from Halewood.

Westfleet

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.