Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's,

Not great pictures so i will try and post some more tomorrow ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Nice :)

JLR are missing a trick, they should be making the sport and lux badge black as well

·
Registered
829 Posts
Looks very good; a few colours really need the black pack in my opinion. Firenze Red looks so much better this way!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Lovely jubbly

·
Registered
562 Posts
Well done, looks the biz..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Deehamps I saw my first DS on the road today and it was identical to yours. You weren't at Sainsburys in Winnersh were you ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks really bold!

Just an off topic question, why do people blank out number plates when posting? Is there something Ne'er-do-wells can do with your reg number besides looking up when your tax is due? :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think it just for privacy really. with registration people can potentially find out more about you the owner, possibly where you live...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Discoblackpack - yes that was me ;)

Duncanslater - personal pref.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a beauty for sure, question, on the HSE lux you should have chrome uppers and lowers on the door handles? Does the black pack mean you don't get them?

Currently waiting on the same car and colours as yours..

·
Registered
179 Posts
Potatoe Farmer said:
I think it just for privacy really. with registration people can potentially find out more about you the owner, possibly where you live...
I don't get it either; if the spud farmer is right, by logical extension we need to cover the plates at all times...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Its fairly common practice when posting car pics on-line, Hide your reg no.

When Scallys and ne'er do wells want a bogus plate to match a car they have stolen they often use a google image search to find a plate that matches the make and colour. The original owner would have reported the theft and quoted its reg no to the police, thats the reg the police will be looking for. The stolen car however, is using your plates taken from the internet so won't be found as easily (the police would have to check the VIN in the windscreen on each one they see)

Dont give the crims a head start by helpfully allowing google to index the photo with your reg no.

Also as other posters have suggested, its another piece of info that can be used in identity theft.

If you are posting directly from your iphone there is even an app for this!!!! http://hidemyplate.info/ (I have nothing to do with this app)
or this https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blur-effect-yik-mobile-free/id662496646?mt=8 (free)

It might be worth asking the forum mods to add it to either T&C's or the site usage policy.

G

·
I like it and its the same colour as the one I have ordered for delivery end of Apr. Mine is the SE with 18" nine spoke alloy wheels. The wife and I are split over the black wheel - I want them and she prefers the normal alloys....... Cant wait for it too arrive now...

·
Registered
100 Posts
TugPilot said:
Potatoe Farmer said:
I don't get it either; if the spud farmer is right, by logical extension we need to cover the plates at all times...
Knowing the plate, it would be possible to trace owner and address, as well as being as easy way to clone the plate. Plus, we give away information on the site (going on holiday; working all day etc etc) to which people wouldn't be aware if the car was seen on the road.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts