Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Heh! I sense a Top Gear article if they ever bring it back! :) How far can you throw a pensioner?

Actually, I kind of assume it doesn't blow up quite that fast, and is more of a cushion than a projection.

·
Registered
381 Posts
This is how it is suppose to work, however if the AEB video is anything to go by, who knows??

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discoloz said:
This is how it is suppose to work, however if the AEB video is anything to go by, who knows??

Nice - the once the pedestrian has there head cushioned they slide off and get run over. :D

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Beast said:
I was most impressed when I discovered LR fit an external airbag on the bonnet of the DS to stop our cars being damaged when we hit pedestrians.

Does anyone know - does the airbag throw them out to the side or straight over the roof? I wouldn't want anyone to be run over by following vehicles.
I just don't understand why LR have fitted the pedestrian airbag, as we all know we will never hit a pedestrian as the Autonomous braking system will prevent this!!!!!.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
philn said:
Beast said:
I was most impressed when I discovered LR fit an external airbag on the bonnet of the DS to stop our cars being damaged when we hit pedestrians.

Does anyone know - does the airbag throw them out to the side or straight over the roof? I wouldn't want anyone to be run over by following vehicles.
I just don't understand why LR have fitted the pedestrian airbag, as we all know we will never hit a pedestrian as the Autonomous braking system will prevent this!!!!!.
So far as I can tell I have no such feature. I'm not prepared to risk my crumple zones by getting any nearer to a stationary object than I have already and I've had no alerts and no autonomous anything. Is it (was it) an option I didn't tick or does it just not work?

I sometimes wonder what you get for your £40k. All sorts of fancy toys, such as the ones I hear the radio advert telling me the new Vauxhall Viva has at £7k.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Ccomley, we have all got it as it is standard across the range!!! in the immortal words of LR customer services "if you have any concerns contact your dealer".
There is an article in this weeks Auto express regarding the £279.48 Garmin nuvicam 6 sat nav which has forward collision and lane departure warnings built in, the article says "these safety features work well alerting us when they were meant to", wish we could say the same for our forward alert system.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Well, if it's in there, it's either not working, or so utterly useless as... sorry - not up to similitudes at this time of day.

·
Registered
52 Posts
philn said:
Ccomley, we have all got it as it is standard across the range!!! in the immortal words of LR customer services "if you have any concerns contact your dealer".
There is an article in this weeks Auto express regarding the £279.48 Garmin nuvicam 6 sat nav which has forward collision and lane departure warnings built in, the article says "these safety features work well alerting us when they were meant to", wish we could say the same for our forward alert system.
Phil, when you hit your cardboard box due to lack of AEB I assume it remained intact thanks to the pedestrian airbag system. Did it not roll up the bonnet and get cushioned by this inflatable device?

PS: 6 weeks or so of my Tench fishing left then may see you on the banks for the Barbel & Chub. Will join you for a cuppa at Davis Tackle if you're around when I break out the Barbel gear.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
DevonDisco said:
philn said:
Phil, when you hit your cardboard box due to lack of AEB I assume it remained intact thanks to the pedestrian airbag system. Did it not roll up the bonnet and get cushioned by this inflatable device?

PS: 6 weeks or so of my Tench fishing left then may see you on the banks for the Barbel & Chub. Will join you for a cuppa at Davis Tackle if you're around when I break out the Barbel gear.
Regretfully the cardboard box has passed on.
Have booked the compound on Friday so looking forward to a days fishing with a couple of mates from Hertfordshire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.