Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed exposed wiring in the O/S front wheel arch just above the chassis leg/member? I was cleaning my HSE last night and was surprised to see exposed cables and connector. Come the (wet) winter I sense a breakdown so am popping back to my dealer on Monday to get them to take a look. :(

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
IanH

Just had a look and I have 2 wires with no sheathing on, not sure what they are for or if it is a problem. Will be interested to see what you find out, can't see a connector.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
philn,
well at least I know that its not a defect then if yours is the same. After the DLR saga the other week I'm not too confident in JLR's quality control. Anyway I'll report back Monday eve! Watch this space :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Will be looking at that tomorrow, in theory JLR have tested to 0.5 meters in water, but I take your point about the winter salt.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd be more concerned with gravel severing/exposing an unprotected wire.

A big reason for us getting a DS is to have a vehicle that isn't going to get destroyed by light off roading, which in Canada is often gravel forest service roads.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok all, - popped into the dealer tonight and the exposed wiring in the O/S wheel arch is apparently part of the ride height sensor fitted to our cars. I spoke to one of the mechanics and he assures me that its fully watertight/weatherproof and nothing to worry about. I also had a look at the HSE in their show room and thats the same as mine, ie three exposed cables.

The only other question fired at me was 'How the hell did you find that?' Its because I'm OCD and clean the wheel arch liners!!!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Wheel arch liners do not clean that easily, they seem to be made of a fibrous material.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe you are referring to the 'spray suppresant system'!

And yep they are buggahs to clean!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.