Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday a noise started while driving on the motorway. Not road surface related and seemed more like something blowing in the wind underneath the car. A quick inspection showed nothing. This morning it was worse so I looked again and found the heatshield foil around the spare wheel vibrated noisily if "tweaked".......Spare removed, foil seemed OK....
Out again on the road and the noise became even more persistent and as I came into the drive it changed to a scraping noise.
A look underneath showed a section of heatshield foil on the right of the exhaust was hanging down and was touching the ground.
It looks as though it has never been attached at the trailing edge and the corresponding part on the left is similarly unattached.
I guess I'll be down at the dealer Monday morning.....

Not impressed, LR!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had some heatshield come loose around the middle of the car around the exhaust. I had to pull it off as it was dragging the ground. Must have just worked loose a bit (about 2 weeks in) I took it back to be fixed with a couple of other minor things. I don't think it was a big deal. 2 months in a enjoying the car 100%

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wish l had become a member sooner and read this, had to get brother to drive car while i lay upside down in back seat trying to find out where noise was coming from, in the end, heat shield, bent it in, and its now fine., goes in next week for tow bar, so will get them to check and tighten. Thank you for the post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts