Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really really tempted with buying the DS, but reliability issues with my now ex 2011 Evoque Prestige with many extras concern me (hence I bought a 3 litre V6 Audi Q5). On the other hand my current 2010 FL2 XS has never let me down. Is it just the case that no matter who the manufacturer is, new models come with gremlins that you just have to live with?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think there is a high probability that there will be a few issues, but I'm going for a first build on March '15, happy that the engine and drive train are trusted and tested, the chassis has been around on the Evoques so also is trusted. The infotainment is no radical leap, and is on the current RR's. My main concern is build quality as the build is new to Halewood and it takes time to bed in, but my dealer knows my expectations and I am sure they will handle any issues that may occur with efficiency.

Looking for ward to i.

·
Administrator
245 Posts
I too think there will be a few niggles but if the early builds have a lot of established mechanicals it should only be trim issues which should be a lot easier to live with until they are put right. LR also say the new engines have had the most vigorous testing they've ever completed.

I am sure its the same with all cars, VAG have issues with their gearboxes which lead to a massive recall (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507401/Volkswagen-recall-cars-worldwide-faulty-gearbox-light-fuses.html), Toyota have recalled millions over the last few years, which ever forum you go on you'll find 100's of issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts