Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post from a new P300e owner.

I took delivery of my DS yesterday and went to plug the car in for its first charge at home.

The type 2 EV charge cable that came with the car came in a black bag, inside was a ripped open plastic clear bag with LAPP branded black cable inside.

I was expecting a JLR branded cable with two tone handle. Curious to know if this is standard for other EV owners?

Automotive tire Light Bicycle part Orange Automotive wheel system
of

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don’t know what the standard supplied cable should be, but I think I’d prefer a decent brand like Lapp than an OEM one. As long as it works then for me it’s not a problem.

At a guess, I’d say that semiconductor shortages & material redirection have resulted in dealers or LR looking elsewhere to supply parts like this.

·
Registered
P300e Urban MY 2022, portofino blue, auto towbar, keyless, 19” satin dark grey alloys
1 Posts
First post from a new P300e owner.

I took delivery of my DS yesterday and went to plug the car in for its first charge at home.

The type 2 EV charge cable that came with the car came in a black bag, inside was a ripped open plastic clear bag with LAPP branded black cable inside.

I was expecting a JLR branded cable with two tone handle. Curious to know if this is standard for other EV owners?

View attachment 11525 of
Also first post from a new P300e Urban owner. Picked the car up a week ago.

My car also came with a black Lapp charging cable, although mine was not in a plastic bag.

I haven’t used it though - my wife has an Electric Mini and we have a home charger, so I have been using the cable that came with the Mini.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I don’t know what the standard supplied cable should be, but I think I’d prefer a decent brand like Lapp than an OEM one. As long as it works then for me it’s not a problem.

At a guess, I’d say that semiconductor shortages & material redirection have resulted in dealers or LR looking elsewhere to supply parts like this.

The only problem with the Lapp cable is being black & the potential trip hazard it could be for anyone coming on to your property.

·
Registered
MY 2022 P300e SE Santorini Black R Dynamic, black grille etc, privacy glass and 20" black wheels.
13 Posts
My cable was in the black bag, but, curiously, there was a dust cover for only one of the plugs, unlike my home charging cable. I've sourced a cover which I felt was necessary for something which lives in the boot, but... such a cheap item?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts