Discovery Sport Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve had my P300e from new since November 2021. During the winter I was getting low twenties in terms on electric only range on a fully charged battery. Now that the weather has warmed up I am getting mid thirties - yesterday I did 35.3 miles (as per the app) on a full charge, just normal mixed driving, not trying to extend the range. The dashboard had indicated a range of 34. This makes quite a difference - essentially a >50% increase in range. I’m just wondering whether others have had a similar experience as some sort of benchmark to see what I should expect?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I’ve had my P300e from new since November 2021. During the winter I was getting low twenties in terms on electric only range on a fully charged battery. Now that the weather has warmed up I am getting mid thirties - yesterday I did 35.3 miles (as per the app) on a full charge, just normal mixed driving, not trying to extend the range. The dashboard had indicated a range of 34. This makes quite a difference - essentially a >50% increase in range. I’m just wondering whether others have had a similar experience as some sort of benchmark to see what I should expect?
Yep, same here. I’ve had mine since December and in winter I was down at 20 miles dashboard estimated but real world 18 miles or less. This is purely because I often I use the car for 3 miles first thing in the morning and then it won‘t get used again until the same time the next day, so the electric heater is working overtime when the outside temperature is cold as well as the battery being cold. A simple solution to help was to drop the set cabin temperature and set the fan to speed 2. Now that the weather has warmed up I get almost 30 miles, the last time I used it properly was for a mainly motorway journey and at 75mph a DS using the EV motor is not very efficient and it did 28 miles.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine Wass delivered Dec 21, experienced exactly the same and now getting early to mid thirties

·
Registered
339 Posts
I’ve had my P300e since March and when I collected it the dash showed 32 miles of range but I’ve never seen this again, during a few colder days it dropped to around 25 which I would have expected but now the weather has warmed up I’m still only getting a maximum of 27 with the dash saying 100% charge
(car is usually charged from a 7kw charger), how much range are you guys getting with P300e’s?

on another note my HV coolant heater failed at 1650 miles and had to be replaced, I’m beginning to think how much of a liability is this car going to be going forward ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have recently ordered a p300e urban edition and wanted to ask what the mpg experiences have been for other PHEV drivers?

it will be doing it’s fair share of miles on longer motorway journeys (70miles+ each way). which I know is not ideal but hoping to claw some of the economy back during the school runs and weekend trips on electric only.

What kind of mpg have people experienced running it on longer journeys without no charge. Or are there ways round it by using the SAVE function?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have recently ordered a p300e urban edition and wanted to ask what the mpg experiences have been for other PHEV drivers?

it will be doing it’s fair share of miles on longer motorway journeys (70miles+ each way). which I know is not ideal but hoping to claw some of the economy back during the school runs and weekend trips on electric only.

What kind of mpg have people experienced running it on longer journeys without no charge. Or are there ways round it by using the SAVE function?
I am running 75mpg, because most of my miles is just around town. on motorway about 35-40mpg use hybrid mode with full battery, i think the the battery will run out around 80miles after that the fuel burn very fast. i think in long trip better charge up every 80 miles at service station.

·
Registered
346 Posts

From 0% charge, if for example you’ve used all the electric on an outward leg and are doing the return journey then it averages around 30mpg in mixed use, and closer to 40mpg on motorway use at sensible speeds and a good run.

If you’re doing many long journeys over the range of the battery (20 miles in winter, 30 miles in summer), then a PHEV of any flavour is not the right engine choice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
wanted to ask what the mpg experiences have been for other PHEV drivers?
I just did 1200km roadtrip and consumed 77 litres of fuel and about three fully charged batteries. Average speed was around 95km/h.
Most of the trip I had car set to hybrid mode with auto start/stop disabled, which seem result car to run with ICE and uses battery for auxiliary devices like air condition.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts