Discovery Sport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
28 is pretty good

Preconditioning the battery and using heated / cooled seats instead of heating the cabin will also improve the range.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
pcheaven said:
28 is pretty good

Preconditioning the battery and using heated / cooled seats instead of heating the cabin will also improve the range.
On the subject of preconditioning. In the phone app I can set a schedule for timed climate or timed charging. Does the timed climate precondition the battery as well then? And does this only work with or without the car being plugged in?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Sorry. Not sure on a p300. I owned an ipace :)
Can you schedule a departure time ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Departure time should precondition battery. Assuming it is a feature on the DS. My dealer said it is. But I haven't got a p300 yet so can't confirm

Jaguar say :

Where a departure time is also set, battery temperature is managed to give optimal performance at the specified departure time. To select vehicle preconditioning: from the touchscreen HOME menu, swipe left to access the EXTRA FEATURES menu and then select Vehicle Preconditioning.

If this applies to the DS. Then Range should improve on colder days if you precondition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
pcheaven said:
Departure time should precondition battery. Assuming it is a feature on the DS. My dealer said it is. But I haven't got a p300 yet so can't confirm

Jaguar say :

Where a departure time is also set, battery temperature is managed to give optimal performance at the specified departure time. To select vehicle preconditioning: from the touchscreen HOME menu, swipe left to access the EXTRA FEATURES menu and then select Vehicle Preconditioning.

If this applies to the DS. Then Range should improve on colder days if you precondition.
Thanks for you help. I shall definitely try that out next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Interesting discussion, I am takeing delivery of a 2021 p300e Discovery Sport HSE on Monday having had a BMW 530e for the last 3 years. You battery experience is identical to mine inthe BMW over the life span and I have been pretty consistent in charging.
Only difference in my BMW when it's cold I am limited to about 14 miles!
Looking forward to joining all you LR drivers.
Excited for the new car to arriv, strangely my biggets concern is whether or not I'll get the 2021 or 2020 steering wheel and Pivi Pro system! Can was built in Jan so I am hoping for the new one, but I have seen a number of new DSs advertised as new with "old" style steering wheel controls shown in the images!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Pimpf said:
Interesting discussion, I am takeing delivery of a 2021 p300e Discovery Sport HSE on Monday having had a BMW 530e for the last 3 years. You battery experience is identical to mine inthe BMW over the life span and I have been pretty consistent in charging.
Only difference in my BMW when it's cold I am limited to about 14 miles!
Looking forward to joining all you LR drivers.
Excited for the new car to arriv, strangely my biggets concern is whether or not I'll get the 2021 or 2020 steering wheel and Pivi Pro system! Can was built in Jan so I am hoping for the new one, but I have seen a number of new DSs advertised as new with "old" style steering wheel controls shown in the images!
Mine is a 2021 version and yes has the new style steering wheel configuration
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
[/quote]

Mine is a 2021 version and yes has the new style steering wheel configuration
[/quote]
Excellent, thanks, hope you are enjoying it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,935 Posts
Pimpf said:
I have seen a number of new DSs advertised as new with "old" style steering wheel controls shown in the images!
Intrigued - please share?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
So the odd circular controls have gone, I remember telling the salesman on handover day that they were illogical and I am still of that opinion. too easy to wrong press, he said it was my fault forusing them incorrectly, I still havnt perfected the correct user style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,935 Posts
Pimpf said:
Dashnine said:
Pimpf said:
I have seen a number of new DSs advertised as new with "old" style steering wheel controls shown in the images!
Intrigued - please share?
Hi here's one:
Old stock I assume then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
The PHEV versions span the MY20.5 and MY21 builds...
My original P300e order was allocated a build slot with the 'old' steering wheel and Touch Pro but I saw an article in Auto Express announcing the MY21 changes that were coming so I effectively cancelled my order and re-ordered for a 21MY to get the Pivi Pro and other updates :) Very happy I did that...
My dealer kept my original order with the intention of putting it on as a demonstrator but they later told me it was used to fulfil a customer order as due to sales demand...
Therefore both infotainment systems and steering wheel versions will be out there - so if a dealership/group ordered stock cars to secure build slots in the factory then they'll be selling them on as new asap but obviously based on MY20.5 spec's...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I just picked up a new DS P300e today. Fully charged to 100% and its showing a range of only 19miles! This would be poor even if the outside temperature was very low. Can this be correct or am I missing something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Mark92400 said:
I just picked up a new DS P300e today. Fully charged to 100% and its showing a range of only 19miles! This would be poor even if the outside temperature was very low. Can this be correct or am I missing something?
The algorithm for calculating that range is complex, but is significantly influenced by the previous usage of the car. A brand new car will have very few miles on its clock and that will have involved untypical circumstances. I've had mine since last autumn and the range has slowly moved up to 30 miles. It was low 20s early days and in the cold weather. My advice? Leave it a week or so and see what you're getting then. If it's still 19 in the middle of April then I'd say there's a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Mark92400 said:
I just picked up a new DS P300e today. Fully charged to 100% and its showing a range of only 19miles! This would be poor even if the outside temperature was very low. Can this be correct or am I missing something?
I suspect you can reset the guess O meter GoM ( EV range until battery flat ) to default and disregard previous knowledge on driving pattern etc

I know on my I Pace you could, I recall you press brake and accelerator when pressing start, or something like that.

Might be worth checking the Range R Sport PHEV forums as its had a PHEV for a while, and the reset GoM method may transfer to the DS......
 
41 - 60 of 71 Posts
Top