Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

The news today suggests that all new cars from September have to be Euro 6 compliantly. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this mean that all Disco Sports from that time will have the Ingenium unit?

My local dealer was a little coy when I asked about timing, but he thought it would only be the 2wd models this year.

I have read all the topics on the engines with interest and was close to ordering a "noisy" engine, but now I am having second thoughts!

Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not sure what "new" means in relation to this. Sometimes it means a new model not a new registration of an existing model. For example if you register an August 2015 build in September 2015 does that mean it's not compliant - I think not. My guess is it's a bit like homologation used by manufactures to have an overall CO2/NOX figure across the fleet. That's why Aston Martin make that ridiculously expensive Toyota IQ based Cygnet to offset all the stuff coming out of DB9's etc. I think the eD4 is the way LR will meet this legislation.

·
Registered
381 Posts
This is taken from Wikipedia

"All dates listed in the tables refer to new type approvals. The EC Directives also specify a second date - usually one year later - which applies to first registration (entry into service) of existing, previously type-approved vehicle models."

Therefore it would seem existing models need to comply one year later so Sept 2016.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You are correct kvacul I didn't spot that :oops:

·
Registered
829 Posts
I thought the supply of 2.2 Diesels from Ford/PSA would soon stop under the current contract and that (and high cost) was the reason why LR had to design its own Ingenium 2.0 engines. Does anyone at LR know when the supply of 2.2 engines will stop?

Is the old 2.2 engine Euro6 compliant?

·
Registered
677 Posts
2.2 can only go as far as EU5.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts