Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been quite a lot of noise around the September 2015 deadline for the mandatory introduction of Euro 6 compliant diesel engines.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/90816/euro-6-emissions-standards-what-do-they-mean-for-you

Its my understanding that the current DS 2.2 is a Euro 5 compliant engine. So does that mean that from 1st September all new DS will have to be Euro 6 compliant? through either modifications to the current engine or the introduction of the JLR Infinium engines? or do they only need one compliant engine in the DS range to meet the regulatory change? (e.g. the rumored 2 wheel drive variant).

Does anyone have any idea what will happen?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think its obligatory for all new models launched after deadline....vehicles already in production are OK IIRC...so Discovery 5 will have to be Euro6

·
Registered
98 Posts
September 2014 was the deadline for the omologation of new models. I'm sure LR was in a hurry with the Disco.
1st january 2016 is the deadline for new registrations of existing models like the Disco. September 2015 has been pushed to january 2016.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello,
Just to introduce myself as a Brit living for a number of years (since 1975 to be precise) in southern Germany. Currently driving FL2 and am just about to order DS from my local dealer.
He just confirmed that for registrations as of 1.September 2015 Euro 6 is mandatory. SMMT and European Automotive Manufacturer's Association confirm this so I'd be interested to understand where Rogerone got the information that this has been pushed out to January 2016.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I wish LR would just be clear on the exact launch on the new 2.0 Ingenium Diesel engines in the Discovery Sport. Clearly the factory does know, so why keep us in the dark and not allow us an informed decision on when to order what???

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got this reply from "Marketing Executive Digital Team Jaguar Land Rover" regarding Ingenium engines:

Good Morning,
Thank you for your email.

Please be advised, the new Ingenium engine will be available in the Discovery Sport later in 2015, with no dates being confirmed at present.

To keep up to date on all of our up and coming products I would recommend registering your interest with your local Retailer and also by visiting our Newsroom.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
The simple answer to the non committal comment from the marketing executive is that nobody will be able to register a car in Europe after 1.9.2015 unless it has a Euro 6 emissions engine. So either JLR have to get their act together or they sell no cars. I'll be ordering my DS on Thursday this week from my dealer with the proviso that it will only be delivered with Ingenium engine and have already agreed a part exchange price for my FL2 based in this.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hello Freeway,
I'll be placing my order with the dealer tomorrow (26.Feb.) and he will hold it back until he is in a position to pass the order on to JLR Germany.
The price I'll be paying will be the current list price (for the current 2,2L Ford engine) and he has confirmed that is what I'll pay. He also told me that any DS they are taking orders for as of now will automatically be with Ingenium engines because JLR can't delivery before September 2015 anyway and that means Euro 6.
They are expecting new price lists in a couple of weeks but he says, this doesn't have anything to do with Euro 6 but with additional extras or combinations of extras. As soon as I see them in the internet here in Germany I can post something up.
As I mentioned I've already agreed a price for our FL2 which is fixed for delivery with Ingenium engine.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
No problem - I can only hope that what they've told me here in Germany applies to your guys (and gals) as well. Have a good day

·
Registered
18 Posts
If they can only deliver Ingenium after September 1st then surely the 4WD version version must be made available very soon after the 2WD version ( a matter of weeks rather than months) ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
What is the official news on this in the UK?
What do those working at LR know?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Do you know if they accept orders today for 4WD Discovery Sports with Ingenium diesel engines?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I placed my order for a DS 4WD on 26.March with 2 Litre Ingenium engine with a deliver date September 2015. The dealer accepted the order but it cannot yet be scheduled into the production plan. He expects this will be possible within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Talked to dealer today and he says they may reduce the HP on the current engine in September to comply with euro 6.

Seems heath robinson to me, wonder if they will reduce the price!.

·
Registered
562 Posts
philn said:
Talked to dealer today and he says they may reduce the HP on the current engine in September to comply with euro 6.

Seems heath robinson to me, wonder if they will reduce the price!.
Will stick with my ole 2.2 SD4 then!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts