Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the MY2022 has the engine and version shown at the back of the car? (E.g. P300e HSE) Or only shows 'Sport'?
I thought until MY20 it showed everything, but MY21 only showed 'sport'?

·
Registered
105 Posts
There's a no cost option to delete the engine and specification badges in MY22, I don't know if this was applicable to MY21.

If you don't like them they'll be easy enough to remove with some dental floss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ajmorr.is said:
There's a no cost option to delete the engine and specification badges in MY22, I don't know if this was applicable to MY21.

If you don't like them they'll be easy enough to remove with some dental floss.
Actually, I do like them, but i think they are not installed anymore since MY2021

·
Registered
110 Posts
Think they're removed by default maybe you can have them fitted but I prefer without

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just Will said:
Think they're removed by default maybe you can have them fitted but I prefer without
This item is listed on my order;
Circle Event Font Electric blue Pattern

I also prefer without - so I will probably remove them myself if they are fitted, and maybe even the 'Sport' badge as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
They got lazy at '19 model year and reduced the badges.
Our HSE Luxury is just badged 'HSE', and to be fair the original was too much

·
Registered
MY21 HSE D200
29 Posts
Engine power designation removed on my MY21. I note that on mine the engine spec is on the vin plate window on the bottom of the windscreen. For example D200 adjacent to the VIn.
Engine power designation probably removed along with the twin exhausts hidden under the bumper to make it "greener". Changed days eh when everyone wanted that 220gsi on the back or similar. Anyone remember the early nineties when this green washing started with the words Catalyst emblazoned on the rear of their pride enjoy? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lovel said:
Engine power designation removed on my MY21. I note that on mine the engine spec is on the vin plate window on the bottom of the windscreen. For example D200 adjacent to the VIn.
Engine power designation probably removed along with the twin exhausts hidden under the bumper to make it "greener". Changed days eh when everyone wanted that 220gsi on the back or similar. Anyone remember the early nineties when this green washing started with the words Catalyst emblazoned on the rear of their pride enjoy? :mrgreen:
This is contrary to what the MY22 configurator says though. There is a £0 option which needs to be ticked to remove the Engine and Specification badge. Is it possible that these badges were reintroduced for MY22?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ajmorr.is said:
Lovel said:
This is contrary to what the MY22 configurator says though. There is a £0 option which needs to be ticked to remove the Engine and Specification badge. Is it possible that these badges were reintroduced for MY22?
I also checked this on the belgian configurator, and same here: you need to check it to remove it…

·
Registered
MY21 HSE D200
29 Posts
Iseki3217 said:
ajmorr.is said:
Lovel said:
I also checked this on the belgian configurator, and same here: you need to check it to remove it…
When ordering a MY21 in March this year the configurator would not allow me to check or uncheck this option otherwise I would've have gladly opted for the rear badging, just wish I could get rid of the Sport badge, I hate anything that has the letter of go faster Carlos Fandango Sport splattered over it for the sake of it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lovel said:
When ordering a MY21 in March this year the configurator would not allow me to check or uncheck this option otherwise I would've have gladly opted for the rear badging, just wish I could get rid of the Sport badge, I hate anything that has the letter of go faster Carlos Fandango Sport splattered over it for the sake of it.
It will come off easily with some dental floss, and then a glue remover or alcohol wipe to remove the sticky which will almost certainly be left behind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts