Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is covered in the manual - but I just found the tailgate release under the steering wheel when it was touched with a knee on getting in and the tailgate opening... Can I assume that this is not supposed to happen when travelling along? I tried pressing this when in Drive and Reverse, at very low speed, to check if it was disabled when in gear, and it was still active. I don't want to try it out at normal driving speed just in case it remains active! It seems to me that it would be best if the switch is inactive unless in Park or Neutral, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I pulled in with the engine on and my wife jumped out to double check we had something in the boot as we were leaving for a holiday break.
As engine was running it wouldn't open and sounded same alarm as for no seat belts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just tried mine and it will open with engine on and in gear, just working out where i can test it while moving!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Potatoe Farmer said:
I pulled in with the engine on and my wife jumped out to double check we had something in the boot as we were leaving for a holiday break.
As engine was running it wouldn't open and sounded same alarm as for no seat belts.
drive away locking prob locked all doors? Passenger door only unlock when she got out? Stops folks nicking stuff from boot whilst at a stand.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The tailgate/boot doesn't open when driving. Not sure at what speed it stops working but I pressed the button a few times thinking it was the lane departure button as they are beside each other on the lower dash. Think I was doing 40mph and nothing happened thankfully. The boot opening at driving speed would have been a bit funny if not scary

·
Registered
86 Posts
just checked in B&Q carpark, the tailgate will not open while moving, even slowly. The earlier poster is I think confusing with a central locking/seatbelt warning situation.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Just don't try the handbrake button for multiple seconds as another member tried on the motorway...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a petite 5'2" lady so have my seat close to front dash. Several times now my knee has hit the Tailgate opening button and led to me about to set off with it open. Is there a way to disable this button?

Discover Sport 2.2 SETech Auto

·
Registered
329 Posts
Pull out the button and disconnect the plug or whatever on the back. Can't say whether the tailgate will work on the tailgate button or the fob but worth a try

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
You can change the speed in the menu, I have mine set at 20mph, you can also have them set not to lock. If you look at previous posts above it also says that the tailgate doesn't open when moving regardless of the other doors not being locked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts