Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my new toy, the more I look at what's in the new model that they've charged me just as much for the old model but it doesn't have, IYSWIM, I'm wondering if that's going to be a major dent in the resale value, and should I abort and re-order for September.

Then again, I aim to keep it ten years, so maybe any differences then will be down to how well I've looked after it rather than the specific range of toys.

G

·
I think that you are right if you are keeping hold of it. The problem I see is how much support that remains for the car as it gets older. Bit like phones when the new software is not updated on the older phones.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funkster said:
I think that you are right if you are keeping hold of it. The problem I see is how much support that remains for the car as it gets older. Bit like phones when the new software is not updated on the older phones.
That shouldn't be too bad - it has surely to be 90% the same as the Ewok under the hood, if it were not it would surely not have made economic sense to tool up to start building it for three months then changing it all. Certainly the engine is the standard Ford duratorq that's been in the ewok since it was launched, as well as countless other ford vehicles. The drive train is also the same, I believe, Haldex 5. I would guess things like the satnav, stereo, etc., are too! Or any that are unique to the DS will NOT be changing in the new model.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If the same engine as the newer Freelanders as well so no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.