Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,
I am struggling with my dual sim Archos 50c Oxygen ....
After pairing with my DS, everything works fine (adress book, messages, call history... etc ... it's all there) ... until I leave the car.
When I return to the car, my phone does not automaticaly get detected when I power-up the car, and I have to manually switch bluetooth OFF then ON again to trigger some reaction on the DS side. After a few seconds everything seems to be connected (battery charge level and network strength do show up on the screen), but after a few more seconds it's all lost and there is no phone connected anymore. WTF ?
Of course my dealer told me that if my phone is not in the compatible phone list available on the LR site, then it is normal. Well, my phone has the right bluetooth version and runs Android Kitkat 4.4.2 which is identical to other compatible phones listed by JLR.
I am now considering buying a new phone, but has anybody here successfull experience in pairing his dual sim phone with his DS ? In that case, I would be happy to hear from you and find out which mobile you have :)
Many thanks in advance !
PS: Other advise to make my current phone work is also welcome ;-)
PS2: the LR phones list does not clearly mention if dual sim versions are also compatible.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I had a problem on other cars with not connecting automatically and found out it was something on the phone (galaxy s5) that needed enabling to make it connect automatically. Can't remember exactly what it was but maybe something you can do on your phone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Philn,
Thank you for taking some time to reply :)
That was also my assumption. I already searched all menus and options without success ...
FAQ on manufacturer's website and User manual do not say anything about this problem.

I will try again.

Cheers !

·
Registered
381 Posts
Have you tried pairing the phone in different ways, you can pair the car to phone or the phone to car, you might find one way works better than the other.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for your comments and suggestions !

@Discoloz:
The only way I found to succesfully pair is:
1) make the car visible (Bluetooth)
2) look for the DS in the visible bluetooth devices in the phone bluetooth config menu
3) connect to the car
4) answer "yes" when asked if the code is the same on both (car + phone)
5) answer "yes" when asked to allow the car to download the adressbook
6) answer "yes" when asked to allow the car to access the messages

Then it works ..... until I power the car down ... :(

@Rogerone
May I ask which Android version you are now using ? I may try to downgrade although my phone came with Kitkat 4.4.2 straight from factory. I never did any upgrade ....

·
Registered
381 Posts
@B-Disco

I haven't got an Android phone only an iPhone, so I don't know if this is possible but have you tried the following.

Delete the existing Bluetooth connection from both the phone and Car.
Make your phone visible and get the car to search for devices
Connect the car to your phone

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
My S5 has Android 5.0 and works well.

Still sure I had to tick something on the phone after pairing to enable it to connect automatically.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your suggestions !
@Discoloz: I tried pairing from the car rather than from the phone. It failed. The screen displays a message "Connection failed" several times as it seems to retry again and again until you leave that bluetooth menu.
So indeed, it seems that the phone is not responding to the car request as it should. Unfortunately I am not an expert in handshaking protocols between cars and phones.

@Philn & Rogerone: I have 4.4.2, so definitely older than 5.0... Maybe Philn is right in saying that some settings in the phone might need to be modified. Just need to find which one. I tried to enlarge the bluetooth visibility duration from 5' to Unlimited. Did not work. Maybe something to do with the security setttings ... To be continued ..

More suggestions still welcome ;-)

G

·
I have a Nokia Lumina 735 dual SIM phone which connects ok. Even after being away from the car. It's a windows phone so not a direct comparison.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Funkster !
That's great news ! I have been looking at the Lumia dual sim range for a couple of weeks now. But I wanted to be sure before buying another non DS compatible device, especially since the JLR list does not clearly state that the dual sim versions are compatible too. Windows phone is no problem for me. Thank you for your feedback !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi guys,
I thought I would update you on this topic.
I finally bought a Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Dual Sim and it works very well. It gets detected by the car within a few seconds and all functions are OK (access to my contacts, sms reading, ... etc). I am very pleased with it.
Please note that it is not in the DS compatible phones list available on LR web site.
Therefore one could say that I took some risk but I assumed that since Windows phones all use the same OS at the moment (unlike Android phones), it is unlikely that the new Lumia models would not work.

I hope this is useful info.

Best regards from Belgium !

B-Disco

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
B-Disco said:
Hi Philn,
That was also my assumption. I already searched all menus and options without success ...
FAQ on manufacturer's website and User manual do not say anything about this problem.

I will try again.

Cheers !
Try...

on your phone go into Bluetooth, you'll see a list of the devices you're paired with (not *necessarily* connected with). Long-hold on the entry for Discovery Sport and you should find some sub-options and one of these often is, allow re-connection without re-requesting permission, or similar.

Failing that, dunno. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ccomley said:
B-Disco said:
Hi Philn,

I will try again.

Cheers !
Try...

on your phone go into Bluetooth, you'll see a list of the devices you're paired with (not *necessarily* connected with). Long-hold on the entry for Discovery Sport and you should find some sub-options and one of these often is, allow re-connection without re-requesting permission, or similar.

Failing that, dunno. :)
Hi ccomley,
That sounds interesting. I will exhume my Archos phone and try that by curiosity ... :geek:
Thanks !

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Grave dug this up.
I have/had dual SIM s7 edge, note 4, and huawei devices. All worked flawlessly in the DS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.