Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Friday we had our 1 hour test drive in a DS HSE Auto.

Having only seen the car on static display in a shopping centre a few months a go, upon seeing it again in the flesh I was again excited by it. While it has cues from the Evoque, it doesn't look anything like one and cuts it's own path. While not looking aggressive, it has presence and looks modern and classy.

From the drivers seat, which I thought was very comfortable, visibility was excellent, infotainment clear and simple. My biggest impression came from the ride. I thought it was simply awesome. The car had the 19' HSE alloys, so not sure what will change with the 20's I have spec'd. Road/wind noise minimal, easy to hear rear seat passengers in conversation.

The engine, while still agricultural at idle from outside the vehicle, was fine up to 3k rpm, then it sounded similar to my FL2. If I am honest I was disappointed with the engines power. Being used to the 165BHP TD4 engine, I was hoping the SD4 would pack the punch I had experienced in the 190BHP FL2's I have been given as loaners. But the extra size & weight of the DS mopped this up, so it 'felt' about as quick as my old girl. I wish it had an extra 30BHP & 100ftlb of torque, maybe a second experience would soften this initial impression. It does however get to motorway speeds easily and sits there very comfortably. Lots of talk on whether to go manual or auto, for me the 9 speed 'box was perfect & as with my FL2, makes the car.

I swapped over with my wife & sat in the back and just loved being chauffeured around. Loads of space, the rear reclining seats made it a luxury family wagon with great viz. Pano roof a must!

HSE standard stereo was great. Satnav was fine, prefer the one in my Porsche, being able to turn on the rear facing can on the move was a nice touch.

All in all very happy with our decision to order one. Spec was locked down on Friday, build date 12th Feb, hopefully collect beginning of March.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nice write up.

The power ain't fantastic but for me coming from a D4 it was always going to feel a bit of a slouch so I wasn't to disheartened with it.

My order gets locked pretty soon, I think I've got everything I need on it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Awesome write up and helpful pics. I ordered before Xmas, and they said delivery March 27th. Now saying early March! Sweeet!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I sent my salesman a text yesterday to get dates but haven't heard anything yet, my provisional build is the 13/03/15 with delivery expected end of March.

I just want it confirmed as I'm due some time off in March.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I ordered mine early December and have a provisional date of mid march, I took one out today for a test drive and very pleased, now counting down the days...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.