Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my news ds today - less the tow bar!!

I've driven a bit and the start /stop seems good, however when I stop in drive the engine turns off, I turn the knob to park and the engine starts again. Any ideas why?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stop / start works on foot brake pressure. Take your foot off the brake and the engine will cut back in. I think neutral might be the exception.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The stop start should stay stopped if you select N or P and then remove your foot from the brake pedal, however there are multiple reasons why the engine may want to restart, including climate control demanding more cool or hot air, battery low charge and I am sure alot more I cannot think of at this time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had mine about a week now and find the "Intelligent Stop/Start" a pain as it seems anything but intelligent! As mentioned there are so many different criteria to make it stop or not!
It's fine if I remember to switch it off every time I start the engine, but I sometimes forget.
If anyone knows a way to permanently disable this feature please tell us about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.