Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went from 2012 FL2 which I liked to 2011 RR Sport as I really needed more boot space. (Nearly went for Hyundai Santa Fe). Was excited by announcement of DS Sport as I wanted large boot space but less sophisticated running gear and hence more inbuilt reliability.

Went for test drive this week which I liked although agreed with wife the HSE Lux was the spec we wanted as the seats were closer to RR Sport HSE. Told the salesman we must have towing capability detachable or fixed and a full sized spare. (Who buys a 4x4 or any car that tours Europe without a proper spare?)

The salesman from Hunters a large LR dealer said this spec was being asked for every day and was not available. I also would prefer 5 seats not 7 as well.

I know they will sell this car but amazed LR have been so shortsighted not to offer these options.

Does LR really want to lose existing customers?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I agree with you I do not need 7 seats and I do need a tow bar and a spare. I do not fancy towing a caravan on a spare saver however I had no choice unless I was will to upset the lines of the car.

Ok if you live abroad you can get a 5 seat.

·
Registered
562 Posts
nigel52 said:
Ok so if they won't sell me a 5 seater with tow bar and full size spare wheel what other marque should I be looking at?
The car you want will be available but just not yet.

These first edition cars are 7 seats, you may have to wait 6-9months for the UK 5 seat cars to be available.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
My plan is a little more direct if a bit involved. I am going to take out the 3rd row (I have the removal instruction of TOPix and is looks feasible) and the tool holder and the boot end, and put I hope at least a space saver in there, then have a couple of pieces of 3 or 4mm ally cut to create a solid false floor and put a boot mat on the top. Job done - if the depths added up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts