Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the Dutch LR website they just listed the new prices as per the first of May. Prices off factory are some EUR 1,250 higher so with VAT added some EUR 1,500. Did you notice the same in your country?
Any specific reason?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I noticed that on the UK spec Lux auto the price mysteriously went from £42995 to £43000 not a lot to bother about but a strange thing to do.

It's possible that you are seeing the model 2016 price which will include the ingenium engine and I would guess a different spec, we are still waiting to see this in the UK.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the prices increased EUR 1,500 for all models including the 2.0ED4 and also the 2.2SD4 etc

·
Registered
138 Posts
Perhaps it's the euro exchange rate which is weaker against the pound since initial launch. after all's it's a UK company and built in the UK so they have increased it to offset the change?

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
You're right philn, Indian company, German ( mainly ex. BMW) senior management. But seriously there's no change to the German price list as yet. They're still quoting the same prices with no sign of he Igenium engine. I was told there'll be a 950 Euro increase for this. If the increase were due to exchange rate then this should have happened a while ago since the Euro has been weak for several months now. I suspect the increase in the Netherlands is related to Ingenium with the importer maybe trots hide a small exchange rate increase in there too. I'll keep an eye on German prices and advise if any changes occur.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Tata is the Indian company but still based and produced in the UK so I presume pay tax there not in India.

There could be any number of reasons for the increase including simple greed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts