Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I put my order in for my first Land Rover yesterday. I have an indicative date of 10th April for collection of my DS. I've gone for the manual SE Tech in Corris grey (although i've looked again and am torn between that and Scotia Grey).
Although there wasn't a deal to be had, i managed to get mats, a boot liner and a tank of fuel thrown in.

I've previously been a member on forums for my previous cars and always found them useful, I'm sure this will be no exception. :)

Roll on April!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Welcome to the forum Chris.
Scotia Grey was my second choice of colour.

My Spec: HSE Auto, Kaikoura Stone, Almond interior, privacy glass, spare wheel, bright finish tread plates, mud flaps, rubber mats, additional USB front and second row, service pack.
Last day for spec change 13th Feb, delivery to dealer late March early April.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Welcome. Yeah we are a friendly bunch, forum just starting to gather pace....

Full spec for the record please!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Specs always start uninteresting but after you have been on here a bit it will grow - :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
My spec started as a poverty spec SE now it's an HSE :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ha ha! Easy to get carried away thinking you need extra options when it is just a set of wheels at the end of the day!
Having said that.... I regret not ordering bright finish treadplates, and heated wheel. I have passed the date where you can make changes but I haven't got a fixed build date but been told mid / end Feb, then delivery before 14th March. Do you think I could still press for a change? Other dealer bug bear is they even now haven't been able to provide a brochure! It's just not the same looking on PC / tablet. Excited now to be fair.

·
Registered
270 Posts
DamienWyn said:
Ha ha! Easy to get carried away thinking you need extra options when it is just a set of wheels at the end of the day!
Having said that.... I regret not ordering bright finish treadplates, and heated wheel. I have passed the date where you can make changes but I haven't got a fixed build date but been told mid / end Feb, then delivery before 14th March. Do you think I could still press for a change? Other dealer bug bear is they even now haven't been able to provide a brochure! It's just not the same looking on PC / tablet. Excited now to be fair.
I'd say you might have a battle to make changes at this late stage. My order was locked on the 4th Feb with build date last week of Feb so it seems they lock them down quite a few weeks in advance.

·
Registered
230 Posts
That's what dealer did tell me last week. Boo. I suppose I could still get the the treadplates as they are dealer fit?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Mines now locked, (from Monday just gone) build 6th March, which is just as well after looking at the roof rails, I was thinking of adding some.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Moose said:
Mines now locked, (from Monday just gone) build 6th March, which is just as well after looking at the roof rails, I was thinking of adding some.
Aren't the roof rails dealer fit? ;-)

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am also torn about roof rails. I looked at many X3s, XC70 etc but must say they don't always work very well visually...

Anyone got some real life pictures?

Yes alu treadplates are dealerfit and for me necessary as I find the very plastic entrance otherwise a bit "sad"

·
Registered
66 Posts
Moose said:
My car was locked down on the same day. I wonder does this mean it will also be a 6th March build. If this is the case I wonder when the delivery date will be. How long is normal from build to delivery.

·
Registered
562 Posts
bentley said:
Moose said:
My car was locked down on the same day. I wonder does this mean it will also be a 6th March build. If this is the case I wonder when the delivery date will be. How long is normal from build to delivery.
Mine gets built today!!! But delivery at dealers first week in March, slipped by a week, so 2-3weeks after build I think.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I took a few pics the other day of roof rails...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The dealer said they will receive the vehicle within 4 working days of it been built, it will then take a further 4 working days at the dealers to carry out PDI (or what ever they call checking it) so I reckon the 20th for collection.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks Triple7. Seems the roof rails are quite modest which is great if you just fit them because you need them; looks good in black. I think I will skip them as they are not required for my bars nor do they create a true "Defender offroad look"

·
Registered
230 Posts
I will possibly need them at some point, but I will leave them for now.
Hopefully using the car as a 5 seater the boot will be sufficient when holidaying etc.
I'm going to add on the bright treadplates for dealer fit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.