Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
Is there anyone here that ordered his DS in Spain?
I am curious about one thing: I ordered mine in the beginning of July but I didn't signed any contract with my dealer. I payed 4000 Euro in advance, I received a receipt for them, an invoice with the total price of the car including all the optional packs that I've ordered.

Should I go back to my dealer and ask for a contract?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think I would be to worried about a contract. We had the same experience in the US in Seattle WA. After putting down a $5000 deposit we received a receipt and a printout of what we ordered and the price. Since you put down a deposit, they won't be selling the car to anyone else.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Mihal. I have just ordered a DS from Ilicar in Elche.
I received a Pedido de Cliente (Sales Order) from the dealer which we have both signed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am more worried about the delivery time not about selling the car to someone else.
In two weeks after I placed my order I asked my dealer about the delivery time and he said second half of October. But I don't have any written confirmation not even an email, only his words :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rafael said:
Hi Mihal. I have just ordered a DS from Ilicar in Elche.
I received a Pedido de Cliente (Sales Order) from the dealer which we have both signed.
Hi Rafael, in your sales order does it says anything about delivery time?

·
Registered
288 Posts
No.
(The sales transaction was quite interesting as the Salesman spoke only a little English and I don't speak Spanish fluently. Google translator came in very handy!)
We did discuss delivery dates and he assured me that end of November is going to be achievable.
I had intended to press them a little more in a couple of weeks, allowing time for the order to be placed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see.
Well, I ordered my car from Grupo Iberica in Gandia and the sales man was speaking english good enough.
I don't speak spanish at all, but my wife speak a little spanish and understand most of it.
I think I'm going back to them when I'll be home and ask for a paper with delivery date on it :D

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Mihai said:
I see.
Well, I ordered my car from Grupo Iberica in Gandia and the sales man was speaking english good enough.
I don't speak spanish at all, but my wife speak a little spanish and understand most of it.
I think I'm going back to them when I'll be home and ask for a paper with delivery date on it :D
It will only say ESTIMATED delivery date so no point really in having it in writing. The dealers have no control over build dates and will only give you the estimates they are given.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx Philn, I will try to see if he can show me the build date or if he can give me the VIN of my car.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Mihai, did you get your car yet? Mine is at my dealers now and I collect on 2nd November.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.