Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
:roll: And there was me thinking the 5 seat version would not be oot for a year or so. So we can take 10 MPG off the fairy land estimate and see what the good people waiting for their new engined steeds achieve. My main reason for the typing was the SAT NAV pictured; I take it that was the "upgraded version like what was in the Evoque (only because I saw place names :p :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Good link thanks. Hopefully it will be worth the wait..

Also the fact they actually have one to test drive means hopefully we're looking good for the first Ingenium deliveries being on time (i.e. mine :D )

·
Registered
502 Posts
Not too shabby a review. Might have to pop into the dealer when I'm back off my Hols and Test Drive a DS with Ingenium. Should break the monotony of the wait until October.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm also glad the review says the car is obviously more refined and as brisk as before. In spite of the drop in power, the new engine is lighter and has the same torque as the old 2.2. Equally good is the comment about the auto transmission working better on this version -- it makes sense since the Ingenium engine is a new design and I'm sure JLR had more room to maneuver and deliver a better match of engine and transmission.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
earthmover said:
I'm also glad the review says the car is obviously more refined and as brisk as before. In spite of the drop in power, the new engine is lighter and has the same torque as the old 2.2. Equally good is the comment about the auto transmission working better on this version -- it makes sense since the Ingenium engine is a new design and I'm sure JLR had more room to maneuver and deliver a better match of engine and transmission.
At the end of the day, the torque figure is what counts. Forget horsepower. If you can get the same torque from a smaller engine, fewer horses, etc., then you have the same torque, good enough. Which is why the equivalent Merc engine, the 2.1 litre diesel, is perfectly at home in the SLK - 500nM of torque is 500nM of torque, end of discussion! :)

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
"there is an annoying gap between the edge of the Land Rover's boot floor and its middle-row seat, which items can fall down between."

Well, not if you have a boot floor cover and if you have the row-2 seats at their rear-most position. Though I *do* find that the gap provides useful additional stowage! I've certainly not had anything drop in by mistake.

·
Registered
533 Posts
ccomley said:
earthmover said:
At the end of the day, the torque figure is what counts. Forget horsepower. If you can get the same torque from a smaller engine, fewer horses, etc., then you have the same torque, good enough. Which is why the equivalent Merc engine, the 2.1 litre diesel, is perfectly at home in the SLK - 500nM of torque is 500nM of torque, end of discussion! :)
My thoughts too, the new Ingenium has 10 more of these torques than the outgoing engine which should do well to offset any concerns about the 10 fewer horses!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.