Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I've ordered my DS last month and the dealer said it should be delivered by October with the new ingenium engine (which I opted for a presumably better performance and lower consumption and engine noise).
I really like the car design, and I've been waiting so long to get it since LR started the very early presentation. However it appears to me that LR has made too many payable options for a car that should have had a minimum standard higher than the basic one presented.
I'm wondering if people on this forum knows if and what are the updates that LR will make on the DS for a car which should go under production on july/august, any of the problem mentioned in the forum will be (are being) solved. Any quality improvements in the HSE fitting?
For instance I've noticed on the demo vehicle at the dealer a very very poor luggage compartment cover, a Chinese plastic cover which not even a 50% lower budget car would deserve. How can they manage to put such a poor fitting on an HSE model, a >50k euro budget car?

I also have a question that my dealer was unable to answer so far, I ordered the car with an OEM removable tow bar, and while the on-line configurator allows me to order it with a regular spare wheel, he says this is not possible! is this corrects? moreover I've asked to know if when the removable tow bar is unplugged nothing is visible on the back of the car, as one would expect (that's what Audi does and for me is the main reason to have a removable tow bar instead of a fixed one!). My dealer said he is not sure about it, and that on the RR Evoque f.i. that's not the case, does this means that I will always have on the rear of my new DS a well visible plug and wires hanging down? that isn't pretty ridiculous?
Can anyone help?

Thanks
EB - Italy
DS HSE Scotia Grey

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If you have the Factory fit removable tow bar then you cannot have a fitted space saver tyre (or any other tyre)

When removed there is no lump or bump just a big hole where the factory cut the bottom of the bumper.

·
Registered
829 Posts
You can have a factory fitted detacheable towbar with full size spare on the 5 seater DS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
You can have a factory fitted detacheable towbar with full size spare on the 5 seater DS
Thanks!
so strange my dealer says this is not possible although mine is a 5 seats model, while he says it is possible with a compact spare wheel.
I also see that Moose writes something different "If you have the Factory fit removable tow bar then you cannot have a fitted space saver tyre (or any other tyre)" which is also confusing... do you talk for personal experience, do you have a regular spare tyre with a detach tow bar?
cheers

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes, see spec below

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.