Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I least I know understand after reading the spare wheel changing section why the yow bar gets in the way.

Do you still get a jack if you don't go for the spare wheel?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Moose said:
Do you still get a jack if you don't go for the spare wheel?
No not normally just the can of gunk.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I wonder if you add the shinny spare ( which should will include a jack and wheel brace) and ask they to put the wheel in the boot (spec'd a tow bar so can't put it underneath.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Moose said:
I wonder if you add the shinny spare ( which should will include a jack and wheel brace) and ask they to put the wheel in the boot (spec'd a tow bar so can't put it underneath.
I'm not sure as the skinny spare seems to come with some kind of retention system and a mechanism for winding it down from under the car. I might be wrong about that but seems to be shown on pages 234 and 235 of the manual - requires you to remove the rear exterior trim (I can see that being done!) and then winch down the tyre.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Lofi said:
Moose said:
I'm not sure as the skinny spare seems to come with some kind of retention system and a mechanism for winding it down from under the car. I might be wrong about that but seems to be shown on pages 234 and 235 of the manual - requires you to remove the rear exterior trim (I can see that being done!) and then winch down the tyre.
Which is why I cannot have both a factory tow bar and a spare (on the 5+2) as the former takes up room behind that cover needed for the later.
I could have the dealer fit bar which sits in a bustle and IMHO look naff.
The broad plan since I will use the DS mainly to tow the caravan is to sling the spare in there, what I am looking for is a way to order both a factory bar and a spare complete with jack etc at the same time.

Yes I know I am an awkward bugger.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks for posting the Handbook. As a result of reading the section on the 'spare wheel' I'm probably going to revise my order and remove it from my spec. What a ridiculous way to do it!!!!

It's guaranteed to be cold and wet and dark, and the boot full of stuff, when this is required - and it's a non - starter!

I, in my naivety, had thought that it fitted in the underfloor part that has the plasticky trays (in the case of the repair kit version), with said trays deleted, but how wrong! To have to remove part of the bumper and use a long winch handle to release the wheel from UNDER the car, then carefully position the full size punctured wheel and winch up, but having to leave the bumper panel in the boot (as it will not fit when a full size wheel is stowed underneath) is not going to happen. The panel retainers will probably get lost too.

I'll have to resort to the repair kit!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Whats the difference between the two handbooks on topix (with CD and no CD) not literally CD player surely?

B

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Certainly seems to be literally with CD player, and without - on comparing the two versions.

Both versions give details on things that I don't think are even options as yet, such as Head up Display, Wade Depth, etc (and not mentioned in the glossy brochure or in the configurator) - though I suppose it remains possible that we might be surprised and have these included as standard in the production models when then come off the line at the end of this month. We shall see - but not holding my breath!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Wade sensing and Electric tow bar are 16MY, I guess HuD is as well. None of the production UK vehicle I have been in has a CD player, yet the configuration and the pre-production model I drove in December had.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes the brochure has a CD player pictured in it.... But yet to see one on a car...

·
Registered
829 Posts
In NL all HSE Lux cars have HDD SatNav/Meridian HiFi and therefore a CD player (standard SD satnav may be the quicker system yet no CD player) See pictures of Corris Grey HSE Lux with tan interior which I posted

·
Registered
533 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
In NL all HSE Lux cars have HDD SatNav/Meridian HiFi and therefore a CD player (standard SD satnav may be the quicker system yet no CD player) See pictures of Corris Grey HSE Lux with tan interior which I posted
Hmmm, now I know we're all digital these days but the car is where I still use CD's. So no CD option unless you order the HDD Nav option or spec HSE lux trim. Which would make it at least a £2,500 option just for a CD player!!!

I wonder if thats a launch limitation or now a standard approach by LR with regard to phasing out CD support altogether. All the offical photography I've seen from LR and other UK press shows a CD slot (unless of course they were all shot with a HSE Lux model).

B

1 - 17 of 17 Posts