Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete

Can you please confirm that with the light switch in auto and in daylight except for in park both the front DRL'S and taillights are on. It appears that this is the case on most if not all Discovery Sports.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Nope, just fronts...

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just spoken to land rover technical and on model 15 year cars when the front drl's are on the rear lights are also on.

Just tried putting the light switch in off, starting car and moving gear selector from park to neutral, checked lights and both front drl's and rear sidelights are on.

Would check yours Triple 7, not sure on how it works with a manual car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not being rude, but you must be new to LR's if you are going to take the word of of a Trained technician from Land Rover.

I spoke to one last week face to face AND spoke to the exact same one only this morning who denied he'd even had the conversation let alone had me make a 400 mile round trip for NO reason what so ever.

As for DRL's I take it mines a MY15 ? Build date April 1st. Lights on Auto, ONLY my fronts come on when in D, they go off in P, rears come on when its dark, i just covered the Lux sensor on the sreen.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'm on my 7th LR and the technicians have never given me any reason to doubt them, you will the odd poor one but their information is usually spot on.

My rears are on with DRLs.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chalky

I have no reason to doubt what I was told and a lot of people seem to have the same situation with their cars. It came to light when someone posted that the tail lights on their caravan came on when connected to the car.

The reason I was told for the change is because the front drl's are so bright customers thought they had lights on and were driving without tail lights, this made sense to me.

Yes I am new to LR and would guess that you are not, if I had the same faith in a manufacturer that you have I would be looking to change.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was driving in a convoy at Land Rover Experience and the DS in front of me had the tail lights on and it was bright day.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

When Auto is selected, the side lamps, tail lamps, dipped beam headlamps and licence plate lamps will switch on automatically.

If however you are experiencing any concerns, please visit your local Land Rover approved retailer for further assistance.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pete

I don't think I explained myself very well, in daylight if you select for example neutral the front DRL'S are on and ALSO THE REAR TAIL LIGHTS, this happens even if the light selector switch is in the OFF position. Previously only the front DRL'S would be on but apparently it is now front and rear.
My putting the light switch in AUTO obviously confused things.

·
Registered
132 Posts
J77 said:
I'm on my 7th LR and the technicians have never given me any reason to doubt them, you will the odd poor one but their information is usually spot on.

My rears are on with DRLs.
In that case, my Dealer was Right !
I was the Only person who bought a New Freelander in 1997 that suffered from head Gasket failure.
Quite how the Oil got into the coolant system is anybody's guess.
With the advent of the WWW, a Google search might reveal something quite different.

Likewise My Disco 2 air suspension failing, that's just specific to me, as was the transfer box leaking on my brand new 08 Defender liberally applying a coat of oil beneath the body and into the hand brake drum.

Oh and the Disco3 105K Service that does NOT cause the OIlL Pump housing to be ripped off the engine block.

I've had a lot more than 7 land rovers, this one and the next won't be any different to any of the others.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Pete, my DRL's rear lights and trailer lights are all one even when the light switch is in the off position and the engine running. I know i can turn the DRL's off in the settings and presumable everything else will go off as well, I have no problem with it, just as long as it is supposed to do that.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Moose, I'm sure that Pete will confirm this but it is correct on 2015 models, apparently with the front DRL'S being so bright customers thought they had the lights on and were driving without tail lights, hence tail lights come on with DRL'S regardless of the switch setting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hmmmm

My DRL's come on REALLY bright for a second or so, then dim out to more of a hue, or gentle glow.

They certainly aren't bright enough to be confused as headlights,

·
Registered
677 Posts
In the dark they show up pretty well.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Something's amiss with mine ?

Have you got adaptives? Would that make a difference ?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have got adaptives but wouldn't have thought it would make any difference. All newish Land rovers I see on the road have very bright DRL'S.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

With the light setting in the OFF position, when you are driving, only the DRLs on the front of the vehicle should be lit.

If however you are experiencing any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your local Land Rover approved retailer. You can also PM me with your details and I would be happy to assist.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ugh !

That makes a refreshing change, mines OK :lol:

Its all yours that are wrong :cool:

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pete

I have already contacted my LR retailer and he told me that regardless of light switch setting if the front DRL'S are on then the tail lights should be on, this was changed for M15 cars.
This is the case for everyone who has commented on this forum except for Chalky, one customer went to his retailer and they checked all the cars they had in stock and found this to be the case.

Can you please re-check this because if it is correct what you have been told nearly all the DS's that have been delivered will have to be taken to the retailers for the "fault" to be rectified.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts