Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not had DRLs before, so when I connected the caravan up today to bring it home from storage I was supprised when the marker and tail lights lit up on the caravan when I started the DS up and the DRL came on. I presume this is normal.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This was also the case with my caravan I only noticed as I arrived at campsite so I thought the lights had come on because they are set on auto so on return journey turned off lights but they still came on
My Freelander had the DRL but the caravan lights only came on when vehicle lights came on
My caravan goes in for service this week so I was going to ask them and then see what they say before contacting dealer

·
Registered
53 Posts
Took our caravan away this weekend and the caravan lights are on all the time once connected to the car.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Doesn't the DS have the Scandinavian style, where the rear lights light up with the front DRLs, which I don't think other LRs do. So presumably the lights on the caravan will light up to correspond with the rears on the DS.

Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am guessing but based on our observations and yes my rear lamps are on as well as the DRL's, that the feed for the trailer lamps is off the rear tail lamps so it appears this is what is expected, it was just a surprise. Glad it is not just me anyway

·
Registered
80 Posts
sent email to my dealer and have spoken to a technician who said that the caravan lights should not be on when DRLs are one they should only be the front lights on he said he can come out and check the electrics
I have said that I will try again on thursday as i take my van in for a service and confirm with caravan workshop that everything is ok with caravan

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Checked mine and lo and behold the lights are on the trailer, odd because I thought the Drl's were only the front lights but they are front and back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not tried mine yet but my caravan uses 7 pin connection and DS has 13 pin so will have to use a converter socket.
Are you all using 13 to 13 direct and getting the issue or 13 to 7 converted ?
Not sure if it has any effect but just want to know what to expect. :?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm using 13 pin to 13 pin.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I'm using 13 to 7 but the backlights are on even without anything connected to the socket when gear selector moved from park - odd.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I have just spoken to land rover technical and on model 15 year cars when the front drl's are on the rear lights are also on.

Just tried putting the light switch in off, starting car and moving gear selector from park to neutral, checked lights and both front drl's and rear sidelights are on.

Because rear sidelights are on trailer/caravan lights will be on.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Exactly as I said, no faults, it's just the first LR to feature the Scandinavian style of daytime lighting.

My DRls on only, rears are on as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.