Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get to off road with my DS because I live in the city but it's certainly fun to play with the different terrain responses and feel how the car handles differently. For example when Sand mode is selected it takes off like a race car :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I tried only mud and ruts, but not in proper offroad. Just near our cottage. But what i use very often is dynamic mode, i like how steering goes harder and engine goes in more rpm, if you combine with S gear its really fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Sand mode splits power 50/50 fore and aft.

I tried it twice on an FL2. Once to get me out of a snow drift and once to get me out of a junction onto a fast road.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be used on Tarmac. Couldn't it bugger the diffs up? I'm no engineer by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
DS with 3rd row seats don't get Active Driveline or Adaptive Dynamics. Also, UK and American discos don't get the option at all, regardless of seating configuration.

Anyone know why? I've been trying to find out, but to no avail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
It it a lack of space underneath the 7seat vehicle? For all the "dynamic" gubbins?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,770 Posts
I thought the 5 seater boys had a spare wheel in place of the seats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Moose said:
I thought the 5 seater boys had a spare wheel in place of the seats.
true, but isn't that inside the vehicle, as opposed to slung underneath?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Moose said:
I thought the 5 seater boys had a spare wheel in place of the seats.
I have a 5 seater yes, if i had ordered a 7 seater then I couldn't order the Adaptive Dynamics and Active Driveline. I also have a full size spare (which is accesed from inside the boot/trunk below the carpet, not slung underneath), which to me looks as big as the thrid row seats and a similar floor pan but there must be a difference somewhere.

Active Driveline and Adaptive Dynamics was, and continues to be, an option in Canada.

Maybe its tied to engine type as an option as in Canada we can only get the 2.0 petrol (Ford engine). See the bottom half of the options page on the Canadian DS builder page http://rules.config.landrover.com/jdxl/en_ca/l550_k15/3alsq/a-hse_a-iutv-078by_a-std_a-std-wb/n-867/jdxother.html for the AD/AD (both are $1000 each, but worth it imho over extra seats for my use case).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
My understanding is that the 5 seat version is only available in 150 engine model, and the space left by the third row of seats is taken by the adblue tank. The spare wheel is an optional extra as the standard spec is a re-inflation kit.

Could be wrong but that is my understanding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,770 Posts
The Adblue is next to the reduced size fuel tank I think some one said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
smayo said:
Hillwalker said:
the space left by the third row of seats is taken by the adblue tank.
I dont think this is the case as all ingenium engines need adblue, so it needs to be somewhere else.
Really? Then I have seriously misunderstood the salesman. I understood only the 150 E-Capability used AdBlue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,167 Posts
Hillwalker said:
smayo said:
Hillwalker said:
the space left by the third row of seats is taken by the adblue tank.
I dont think this is the case as all ingenium engines need adblue, so it needs to be somewhere else.
Really? Then I have seriously misunderstood the salesman. I understood only the 150 E-Capability used AdBlue.
All Ingenium Diesel engines require AdBlue to enable them to meet Euro 6 emissions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
I think the Adblue tank is part of a re designed fuel tank.
It's a plastic moulded thing that occupies the same physical space in the vehicle as the previous fuel tank, except I think the tank now has two compartments (fuel and Adblue) hence the lower fuel capacity in the specs.
However, I have no idea where the Adblue filler cap is? Engine bay? Or under the boot floor?

Perhaps someone with the service manual can confirm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
No, it comes with tyre inflation kit, the small size spare is a £150 optional extra.

Go the the 'build your own' tab on Land Rover site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
BobbyBox said:
I think the Adblue tank is part of a re designed fuel tank.
It's a plastic moulded thing that occupies the same physical space in the vehicle as the previous fuel tank, except I think the tank now has two compartments (fuel and Adblue) hence the lower fuel capacity in the specs.
However, I have no idea where the Adblue filler cap is? Engine bay? Or under the boot floor?

Perhaps someone with the service manual can confirm.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top