Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, this is my first post on the forum but is seems that I'm not the first poster to have this problem!

I've been advised by the dealership that my 66 plate DS need a full new DPF at a cost of £1,700

A couple of posters have stated that LR will replace a DPF (even if it is out of warranty) providing the mileage is below 50,000 (I've also read this elsewhere online)

Is there any truth in this and if so is there any authority that I can quote?

TIA!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday afternoon the red DPF warning came on for the first time (never had any amber warnings) vehicle went into limp mode and this morning it *just* about made it to the dealership and struggled to get above ~20mph. After inspection dealership advised that it was completely clogged and couldn't be cleaned so replacement was the only option.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pffff
There is something seriously wrong with the dpf warning on these cars.
The Amber warning seems be to non existent and this is not correct.
Seen soooo many posts saying exactly the same thing - something is not right here.

Did you ask the dealer why the car did not display a warning?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Please use the search box in the top-left corner for all the answers that you are looking for on this issue. It is completely pointless starting another thread on it, as it has been done to death over the last 6 years.

Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Thank you for the reply. My first port of call was to use the search function, this is where I found the information regarding the replacement DEF for vehicles below 50,000 miles (which has been replicated elsewhere online).

However what I couldn't find was any authority on this claim? Before I speak with the dealership this morning I would prefer to cite a credible source rather than a hearsay comment from an internet forum

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi there,

I would ask them to check that all the power train control module software is up to date and that all the other module control firmware is up to date. If not and it's been serviced at JLR then that's a question for them. If it has, then you have to ask why did the car give you no warnings at all ? Also, I'd contact JLR customer services directly and open a case with them. Asking them again, why did the car fail in this way and what are they going to do to fix it for you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
roydonaldson said:
Hi there,

I would ask them to check that all the power train control module software is up to date and that all the other module control firmware is up to date. If not and it's been serviced at JLR then that's a question for them. If it has, then you have to ask why did the car give you no warnings at all ? Also, I'd contact JLR customer services directly and open a case with them. Asking them again, why did the car fail in this way and what are they going to do to fix it for you.
good answer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input guys ... Currently waiting for reply from JLR however I've now been told the EGR is also kaput - all of this within one week of the 42,000 mile service :shock:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Don't know if it will help, but when the EGR cooler needed replacing on my car (same age) the cause was a faulty DPF allowing it to soot up. I had both replaced under warranty. It's possible you may have a similar scenario, although being out of warranty I don't know if that info is much use to you. It might be worth asking what has gone wrong and making a case to LR for a contribution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, Just joined the forum as I have the dreaded red DPF warning come up at 41,000 miles. Car was serviced 200 miles ago. I had the orange warning and about 30 seconds later it went to red and car in limp mode. I have SDD and it refused to force a regen because it said filter was too clogged.
DPF is coming out tomorrow. Doesn't look too big a job and I will attempt a DIY clean. Worst thing I can do is ruin an already blocked DPF. Best outcome I save a huge sum of money.

·
Registered
101 Posts
jht76 said:
Hi, Just joined the forum as I have the dreaded red DPF warning come up at 41,000 miles. Car was serviced 200 miles ago. I had the orange warning and about 30 seconds later it went to red and car in limp mode. I have SDD and it refused to force a regen because it said filter was too clogged.
DPF is coming out tomorrow. Doesn't look too big a job and I will attempt a DIY clean. Worst thing I can do is ruin an already blocked DPF. Best outcome I save a huge sum of money.
Hi mate let us know how you get on.
Please note that the car will stay in limp mode even if you clean the dpf. The car will need to be reset.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Folks, Harwoods Basingstoke and JLR took care of me by replacing DPF and EGR EML and timing chain on my 65 DS and big shout-out to them for not leaving me hanging. They promised to cover 70% but I think I paid way less than that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts