Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My wife's 66 disco sport has developed the rattle from the heat shield caused by the failure of a welded bracket.

I am aware that the only solution landrover do is to replace the DPF at seemingly huge cost, which is frustrating in itself given its caused in my opinion by poor design. Anyhow we are in an ongoing battle that LR should fund this repair.

Clearly I am not going to pay the quote £2k for a new DPF when the DPF is mostly for now fine. I am just wondering if anyone has any pics of a DIY fix? It looks like a bit of strapping will be enough to stop it rattling in my opinion?

The forum has lots of people with the problem, but i havent seen a diy solution. Anybody got one?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also - meant to ask if anybody knows the Topix reference for this problem? Again, searched on here but couldn't find anything explicit.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
In the uk. No need for diy solution landrover will as a one off good will replace the DPF due to the poor design, which was changed in later models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, this morning they seemed to suggest this would not happen and we have argued back to customer care...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Meltin said:
Local welding shop sorted mine £45......
Earlier models with the defective heat shield cannot be rewelded. Later models can

Have a good search in here. I recall there was a official landrover announcement regarding goodwill DPF replacement

·
Registered
69 Posts
A bit late, but adding to this thread for anyone else looking for information.

We've now had it done twice! First time when the car was about 2½ years old under warranty - so FOC.

Then it went again about 18/24 months later. Originally quoted £1,583, later reduced to £1,480. After a bit of pushing, LR agreed to fund 80%, so our contribution was just under £300. I wasn't overly happy, but on the basis we were getting a brand new DPF etc, agreed to that. Car was fairly low mileage - about 45,000 from memory - and with full LR service history.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A bit late, but adding to this thread for anyone else looking for information.

We've now had it done twice! First time when the car was about 2½ years old under warranty - so FOC.

Then it went again about 18/24 months later. Originally quoted £1,583, later reduced to £1,480. After a bit of pushing, LR agreed to fund 80%, so our contribution was just under £300. I wasn't overly happy, but on the basis we were getting a brand new DPF etc, agreed to that. Car was fairly low mileage - about 45,000 from memory - and with full LR service history.
did you correspond/argue directly with Land Rover or was that through your dealer?

·
Registered
MY21 HSE D200
29 Posts
pcheaven said:
Meltin said:
Local welding shop sorted mine £45......
Earlier models with the defective heat shield cannot be rewelded. Later models can

Have a good search in here. I recall there was a official landrover announcement regarding goodwill DPF replacement
How about one or two long jubilee clips strategically placed around the circumference of the shield, worked for me on catalytic converters years ago ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
ok thx much..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts