Discovery Sport Forum banner
561 - 563 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine Disco My15 L550 year 2015 Ingenium Diesel 2.0l 180HP again got the all known diagnostic code P049B - Exhaust Gas Recirculation B Flow Insufficient Detected.
Unfortunetely its the second time in 4000km after the mesh filter in EGR cooler was replaced :/

The technitians from my service did not get anything else to replace when the error came out first time. Only they notices the filter needs to be changed.

As the thing came same in the short period of time I assume DPF filter also needs replacing or regeneration to be made because of the milege 112.000km on wheels.
I assume and also be grateful for any information if the OBDLink MX+ would give me information regarding my DPF regens as in newer version of Discovery Sports. Anyone can give my such information?

This time I will just replace the whole DPF and when the parts will be taken out I will also check the mesh filter again. Good I found a service spcialized in JLR but not the official one and the labor costs are about 50% cheaper.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hi mine is a MY19 Disco so has the newer pathfinder software - makes most diagnostics tools useless.
My OBDLink MX+ gives "trigger for DPF regen - on mine varies between 20% and 100%,
gives "DPF regen status" 0 or 1 depending if it is in regen,
gives "DPF regen type" 0 means the car is regening using engine heat, 1 = active regen using fuel to raise the temperature
gives "time <> DPF regens" time between regenerations is 250 -300 minutes

Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Driving home tonight and the car went into limp mode. Phoned LR Assist - they dispatched the AA, AA turn up and run a diagnostic check which shows a DPF fault. Fault cleared, car working again, will chase LR for a replacement tomorrow.
Might be better to regen the DPF. A new one ain’t cheap Circa £2k from a main dealer

561 - 563 of 563 Posts