Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a Freelander 2, I have wanted one for ages but they announced there would be no more. I found a local LR dealer with a nice one in stock on a 64 plate with 5k on the clock for £24k, so decided to go and see about a deal. The wife came too. She wandered off and noticed a Disco Sport in the showroom and within ten minutes she was stroking the paintwork and fondling the curved bits. Then she opened the doors and was fondling the leather seats, yes, fondling is the only word that describes it. Then I saw her get inside and sit down, making funny noises with a look on her face she keeps for handbags and shoes. I know that look and I know I am doomed. Next thing I am calculating where the hell I find another £10k for my budget. She arranges a test drive there and then! I am definitely doomed. Fifteen minutes later I'm handing over £500 deposit on a Disco Sport SE Tech! On my pension it has to be a 150 I am afraid, and I can't run to a black roof to go with the Firenze red she chose. I just have to wait till about October now and hope to heaven I am not going to be disappointed. I just wanted that Freelander.

·
Registered
677 Posts
The Fl2 is a great car I had 3 of them and my parents still have one. When I jump into the Fl2 the high seating position is nice but it does feel out of date.

The DS is nice to drive, fresh, modern design. Yes there are areas that aren't great and could've had a bit more thought put into it, I won't lie to you I've had a bit of a wobble and looked into going back to a D4, which is why I have been a bit quite on the forum lately but I'm through the other side and the DS lives.

My last Fl2 was a 150 and it had plenty of power, this 190 I have now, I can't really see where the extra 40hp is. The black roof IMO only works if you have full black pack.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am sure I will love it, my first ever LR. I share the wife's view that its a thing of beauty and can't wait to enjoy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.