Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here fitted a dog guard to their cars? I'm looking for one but object to paying the £270 for a landrover one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm not being funny, you have spent £45K on a car and dont want to spend £270 on a dog guard?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Chalky said:
I'm not being funny, you have spent £45K on a car and dont want to spend £270 on a dog guard?
I wouldn't spend £270 on a dog guard either. I'm also looking out for an alternative.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone got a pic of one fitted?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had one in my previous car made by a company called Travall and it was excellent quality and reasonably priced. I contacted them and they are definitely going to do one for the DS but reckon it will be about three months

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Twobar said:
I had one in my previous car made by a company called Travall and it was excellent quality and reasonably priced. I contacted them and they are definitely going to do one for the DS but reckon it will be about three months
Yes I also had a 'Traval' one in my Evoque, I have manage to put this in my DS, its not fitted but I'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the LR 'dog guard' (full height version). It is very well engineered, albeit quite heavy. It was fitted prior to delivery and I have since temporarily removed it to carry quite a lot of luggage in the boot so regrettably can't offer any pictures yet.

What I would say is that although once installed it is very strong with no rattles etc, compared to the Freelander version that was quickly put in or out of your car (5 minute job), this is rather more involved. It has two 'screwed knobs' that locate into the side luggage rails but do not adjust for and aft. the sides have two allen key headed bolts each side that screw into holes in the boot sides and may also have some spacers to ensure a close fit. Not complicated but surely more time consuming than fitting the Freelander version. It is also not the lightest thing to lift in and out of the car and when installed prevents the third row seats from being lifted - though, of course, you couldn't use them anyway!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Twobar
Glad you contacted them, as I hadn't yet, though I had checked their web page. Was sure they'd do one fairly soon.

I had a purpose designed one of theirs in my FL2 which was well built, a perfect fit and great value at under £100. I will probably get a new one of theirs or see if my old one could be used with modified support arms if necessary. If I can't use the current one I'll sell it to a FL2 owner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts