Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Pete,

Several HSE Lux owners report that Mood Lighting is so faint that it is hardly worth the money

As a future HSE spec owner, I was looking forward to the "light strips" that would come on at night in the door cards... (Just 1 colour as per brochure)

As per below, several HSE owners report that actually there is no light at all from the doors... Can you please comment?

xxtrail said:
TugPilot
I've got nowt there either. Still not convinced any HSE has that, notwithstanding what the brochure says etc?
Ditto - I had a very detailed look at all my doors and their inserts last night, and there is nothing. Only things that come on are the footwell lights. I think it's a brochure error.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pete has already responded to this query in a thread called 'worth the wait'

He is correct in saying that SE and HSE have the strips in the doors.

Trim level 1 Discovery Sport S are the only variant to not have them fitted.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So are we to take it that the actual cars that have them are so faint that you can't see if they are off or on?

Is this correct?

I saw pictures of the mood lighting and it was this amongst a few other scraps that made the descision for me to go HSE LUX, the ordering process was so vague and klunky that i thought if I order everything I won't be disappointed?

Let's hope for Petes sake they are actually worth the hassle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi All,

Just to confirm, the specifications are as follows (dependant on options selected):

Discovery Sport S:
Front Downlighter
Rear Downlighter

Discovery Sport SE Tech / HSE:
Front Downlighter
Rear Downlighter
Front door signature lines
Rear door signature lines

Discovery Sport HSE Luxury:
Front Downlighter
Rear Downlighter
Front door bin illumination
Rear door bin illumination
IP/ Console illumination

At this time retailers should all have demonstrator vehicles available should you wish to view the mood lighting.

Hope this has helped to clarify.

Many thanks,
Pete

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Pete

Thanks for that

Could you notify production/design department that the front&rear door "signature lines" are barely or not at all visible for owners?

The brochure pictured a beautiful light that seems to be absent in reality. Would be great a solution was found... (Voltage correct? Packaging obscuring the light?)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ok-I am in the dark on this :D on this.

My HSE has no signature lines and unless they came out the factory with them switched of as the courtesy light was and they need switching on it look like I'll stay in the dark until the dealer can fit them.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've got a front down lighter but I don't think I have a rear down lighter, if it's that little light that shines down onto the gearbox.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe we should all apply some WD40 to the DS electrics :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is helpful to have clarification from [email protected] above of what 'mood lights' are present on the various DS models (at least in the UK).

Although I'm not much bothered whether I have mood lights or not, I certainly would be had I paid extra to have the configurable version (or had the HSE Lux version). I like to think that I paid close attention to the specification of my DS before ordering and despite this, my understanding of the ambient lighting was that it was standard on all models but that the colour was fixed (for some reason I thought it was blue - perhaps there is an illustration in the brochure). You have the option to spec 'configurable' ambient mood lighting that adds the ability to change the colour and intensity of the lights. I have not seen any indication that the number and location of the mood lights was different - and, in particular - that they were only detectable if you are driving in a coal mine! This is hardly something you are likely to be able to check on demonstration vehicles unless you drive them in the pitch dark and many of us ordered before dealers had a selection of demonstrators in their showrooms.

In my view, this is one of several areas that Landrover needs to be clearer on in its sales details.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like a case of being mis-sold 'mood lighting'. I have checked on my HSE and there are lights on the front door panels but very dim/barely visible.

I haven't checked rear footwell or rear doors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Standard mood lighting is standard fitment on the HSE at least in the UK. It comprises of a down light in the roof console in the front and strip lights in the door cards. The light from these strip lights is pitiful at best, it dims with the dash light dimmer. The light comes out of the top seam on the door card that runs front to back above the door handle segment. On my rear doors it is subtle but visible, on the front doors the padding in the door trim blocks the gap where the light should come out. You can see the light on a dark night during a power cut and a simultaneous full eclipse of the moon with your face up against the door, I guess that is why they call it MOOD lighting :evil:
I am only glad I did not buy the customer configurable lights.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just been to check mine to see if the mythical mood lighting exists as I've never noticed it.
It is there, if you cup your hands over the top of the door card and peer through your fingers you can just about make out a faint glow on full dash light setting.
If no one told you of its existence you'd never notice it, for those that don't have this " feature " you're not missing anything.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I asked the same question to my dealer. The HSE door mood lighting is a joke to be fair.
IF it's pitch black (so no street lights or anything) you can see a faint line around the door trim.

Don't think they will do anything about it right now... but V2.0 guys... come on have a think about it :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi All,

Just to confirm, the specifications are as follows (dependant on options selected):

Discovery Sport HSE:
Front Downlighter
Rear Downlighter

Pete
Thanks for clarification Pete. My HSE is sadly lacking these lights visible to human eye as described. Will add to the short list of minor, non-critical, snags for the dealer to look into.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very interesting thread...I have the HSE and we have lighting in the bins and door handles and they're very bright. The coloured mood lighting only effects the centre console. I'm assuming this is normal or did I benefit from a mix up at the plant?

·
Registered
677 Posts
You must have speced configurable mood lighting or have it as part of a pack or balls up at the factory :lol: Standard HSE just has white light.

My one has the door strips and front down light but no rear down light, I assume it's that little beam of light that shines on the gearbox?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts