Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm all in favour of cars that can be serviced by any competent mechanic including DIY - but whilst its under warranty?

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
During warranty period I wouldn't even consider this even though I could do better job than the bodges I've had from dealers :shock:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You recon its worth it at "run-in" miles even with modern oils in a modern engine? Manuf says 10k miles (16k km) is good enough don't they?

I would be surprised if it's difficult - warm it up, drain bolt out, was oil off your face, find the bolt in the pan, refit, fill... you probably need to use "ford specific" oil - I assume the engine is modern enough to have the oil-condition sensors...?

Best way to guess how much new oil to put in? Measure how much came out!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Beast said:
Just did mine following your instructions. Great lumps of metal came out with the oil. Is that normal? :shock:
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that nothing you do comes anywhere near "normal" :) Have you been chaning into reverse at more than 50mph, that can result in "lumps of metal".

·
Registered
829 Posts
Beast said:
Just did mine following your instructions. Great lumps of metal came out with the oil. Is that normal? :shock:
Sounds to me that you pulled a portable house with an overpriced towbar?

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
ccomley said:
I had an annoying whine coming from the back somewhere. So I kicked the kids out.
I also get an annoying whining noise from front nearside but Mrs Muddy refuses to get out when I tell her :lol:

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Muddywheels said:
ccomley said:
I had an annoying whine coming from the back somewhere. So I kicked the kids out.
I also get an annoying whining noise from front nearside but Mrs Muddy refuses to get out when I tell her :lol:
Shoulda got the HSE Lux - it has an eject button!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So in uk dealership will provide free oil change within warranty period? Cause I'm in Canada and they don't.

Besides I personally don't believe the oil can last for that long.

Hopefully someone here can tell me which bolt for draining the oil. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Not free - but warranty often requires you to have your servicing done by a main stealer during the warranty period.

·
Registered
305 Posts
ccomley said:
Not free - but warranty often requires you to have your servicing done by a main stealer during the warranty period.
You don't need to use main stealers, so long as the garage uses OEM parts and follows the service schedule it can be done anywhere :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.