Discovery Sport Forum banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts
G

·
TBH Kevin I can't fully remember & don't have the car now but you certainly don't have to do anything like remove the glovebox.

I think possibly you just remove the cover in the footwell under the glovebox and all should be clear, but maybe someone who still has a DS could confirm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers PaulCP

Couldn't see it, Will have another look around. Hopefully, someone else might be able to shed some light on it

Thanks for your help

Regards

Kevin

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
I'm not sure how relevant that this is, but to get to the screw in question for my PowerMagic Pro unit, I disassembled the entire glovebox, and drilled a small hole in the plastic surround to feed the cable(s) through. It now sits snugly at the top of the fuse box which is easily accessible should I need to access it (unlikely)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers Badgerface

I couldn't work out how to access the screw in question as I couldn't even find it. Thought the only way would be to take the glovebox out.

REgards

Kevin

G

·
I definitely did not take the glove box out, that I am sure of.

Maybe I released the tabs either side of the glovebox to allow it to drop further, which also gives better access to the fuse box.

·
Registered
981 Posts
My dashcam is now all hard wired and working. Turns out my first cable was faulty.

I didn't need to remove the glove box, the torx bolt on the glove box hinge is fine as an earthing point.

I tucked the 'spare' cable and voltage regulator behind the carpet on top left of footwell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks!
for my18 is there a fuse box in passenger seat? all i can see in google is the fusebox is located at the boot area all the way back? what is the safest port i can use if i need to install a f800 pro thinkware front and back camera?

thanks!

McrockZ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rogc said:
Phelpsio said:
This has been a great help. But did anyone find out the appropriate fuse to use for a 17/18 model which is only used when the ignition is on? I have attached to the Sunscreen fuse on my HSE but it appears to be charging all the time.
Thanks.
Fuse 53 is still the one to use. Remember that the vehicle wakes up when unlocked therefore the camera will start recording. The vehicle will shut down in a couple of minutes.

Photos of the MY18 fuse box.
how can we connect the camera to have it always on ? so we can take advantage of those dashcam that has a parking mode.

mcrock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just fitted mine this afternoon. Simple to do following instructions from the pictures and instructions. Th only thing was getting earth , in end spliced it into the earth from the footwell light (Black wire).
Thanks for taking the time to post instructions

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for your excellent post, fitted a dashcam this morning. Being forearmed with fuse number and cable route made life so much easier.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
Flagpoint said:
Thanks for your excellent post, fitted a dashcam this morning. Being forearmed with fuse number and cable route made life so much easier.
Welcome flagpoint , glad the forum has helped you out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Handy.very usueful guide thanks. Will be doing the same shortly. I've got the same camera, need to source the manufacturers connection kit. Also Scotland based - Lothian, ordered a Firenze red with black roof HSE , delivery now end of July. Happy days. That cant be the Deen your in - it's raining!

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is an excellent guide on installing dash cam.

I am unfortunately having a problem with mine.

It's hardwired to fuse 52 at the moment (I have tried a few others such as vanity light fuse)

My dash cam keeps turning off and then back on when engine is on stop start .

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure of other fuses to use as the dash cam may drain battery when engine is off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. That's great on the hardwired dashcam. Going to do mine this weekend too, but can I ask where you put the negative lead to?
Thanks

·
Registered
981 Posts
RichD63 said:
Hi. That's great on the hardwired dashcam. Going to do mine this weekend too, but can I ask where you put the negative lead to?
Thanks
I connected mine using a spade terminal to the screw for the footwell light

·
Registered
981 Posts
RichD63 said:
Thanks for that. Will look for that later
There's a photo on this thread

81 - 100 of 126 Posts