Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading everything possible and trying all mentioned options I'm left with the exhaust damper fix.
Supplied by Dan at Duckworths as I can't be bothered dealing with LR main dealers doing a 20 minute job and ruining my day off arguing with them.
I'll let you known if I have success.

Thanks Dan for speedy delivery.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
Yes this was fitted to a DS before on here and pictured , it helped with a drowning noise .
I believe it just changes the resonant frequency causing the noise , hope it works and please let us know the results.

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
Forgot to say, there is also a topix fir vibration in the exhaust that involves loosening the exhaust and a few other items running the engine through various revs then re-tightening everything again to realign exhaust and engine mounts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fitted today and I'm rattle free.

I also took time out to clean my front brake discs and pads. DONT ever lose the sprung clip holder from the brake pad wear indicator. I pulled off the sensor and watched in horror as the clip fell inside the caliper behind the inner pad. This is where the fun really began !
The caliper is held to its carrier by two pins with the rubber shroud and plastic cap. Removing the plastic cap reveals a hex head socket for removal.
These are no common sized hex heads you find on other cars. 10mm is too small, 12mm is too large.
I measured them at 11.5mm with a vernier caliper.
WHO thought that was a good idea at LR ??????
Once I got the little stainless steel sprung U-clip out everything went back straightforward.

So if anyone plans doing their own front brake pads, you will be needing the "special" tool.

·
Registered
532 Posts
out of interest. where do you fit it?

BB

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LTB01004 gives you the positioning of it in a drawing.
175mm from the exhaust clamp with a 12 degree tilt
(the drawing shows it better).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Marcusfordus Hi, Try using a 7/16" A/F Allen Key next time on your brake calipers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys

I have the rattle at 1500 to 2000 but my car has the underslung spare wheel so the technical bulletin says the mass damper fix doesn't apply to my car.

Does anyone know why that would be?

A video of my rattle:
<STREAMABLE id="kvl0aj">https://streamable.com/kvl0aj</STREAMABLE>
The video doesn't show clearly but after I surpass 2000revs it goes completely.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have been trying to find and fix a vibration on my 2016 discovery sport se. The vibration starts at 1600rpm and disappears at around 2100 ram. The noise sounds behind the dash on the drivers side lower down near where the clutch pedal would be.
I found a fuel pipe touching the body where it bends round from the bulkhead to follow the floor.
You need to remove a small heat shield that covers the pipes and then insulate the pipes from the floor/ bulkhead. The noise has now gone completely. Hope this helps someone. Regards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts