Discovery Sport Forum banner

Display text messages on screen. HELP!!

30K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  RafflesNH 
#1 ·
Not a major issue this, but I have been told by JLR dealer that it is possible for text messages to automatically display on the screen when they come in through a Bluetooth connected phone.
I have tried everything I can think of to make this work and failed miserably.

SIMPLE QUESTION, fellow DS drivers - has anyone been able to get their iPhone 6 running iOS8.2 to show up incoming text messages on the DS screen?

It may be that this has been disabled as a safety thing and if so, that's fine......but I would really like to know it is NOT possible so I can stop trying! :lol:

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Lofi. I just repaired everything, and followed the LR instructions to the letter, enabling notifications, scrolling etc etc. The only thing I can find that is inconsistent is that JLR give instructions for iOS 8.1.1 and the most recent version of iOS is 8.2

Still shouting "HELP"!!

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Stoopid me! It DOES work, but only for conventional text messages. It doesnt work for iMessages on iPhones. I should have guessed!
For anyone else out there with the same issue as I had, sorry - you need to de-select imessages on the in-car phone and/or have the sender only send messages as texts.
Duhhhhhhh!