Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted a Disklok to their DS yet ? I know it needs to be the small size as the steering wheel is 375mm but does it need to be a special wide one as specified for the Evoque ? It's the flappy paddles getting in the way I'm thinking of .

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had one since day one. Ordered the same size as the evoque. If you put an entry on the comments section when ordering they will send the modified version. This doesn't get in the way of the flappy paddles. Use google for a discount code as I got 10% off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, worth knowing with all the bad press LR got about security last year.
Interestingly they do not appear to have made a song and dance about having rectified the situation with regards to the DS :? ( or any other model come to that unless I missed it ?)

I think I'm going to invest in a Disklok after all.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not sure how the whole theft thing works, but they need access to get into the car? My dealer said that if you're keyless and you don't use the zapper, then they shouldn't be able to scan to get in.. ie, touch the button to lock/unlock and you have to be pretty close to the door for that to work. So if the car is locked/alarmed that way, how do they get in to programme another key?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
It all helps, I have a can-lock fitted as well to stop key reprogramming through the OBD2 port.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Moose said:
It all helps, I have a can-lock fitted as well to stop key reprogramming through the OBD2 port.
Where did you get your OBD Port lock from Moose?, I've just got two for my Transit vans at work from Protectavan I see they do one for the Evoque. I wouldn't mind getting one ready for my my car arrives.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More expense but will feel happier when it's parked up at the airport while on holiday.

Ordered online direct from Disklok, excellent service and parcel tracking, delivered next day ! Discount code saved enough to pay for a steering wheel protector and storage bag as well.

Only tried it quickly but seems a little tight even though specifying was for a DS, maybe because it's new and will loosen up a bit with use.

View attachment 25

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
If they want it that bad, they can have it, if they program a spare key to get in, that's it, but if they stick it on the back of a low loader and take it away, like some do now, what chance do you have.. If they did get it, insurance would only go up approx 40/50 quid..

G

·
Moose said:
Hi Moose, how easy was the Can-Lock to fit? Thinking of getting one myself. Also, did you buy in the UK or get from Cyprus?

·
Super Moderator
2,833 Posts
I had one for the RRS that worked as intended but it didn't fit the DS and nether did the one I bought so it had to be returned. The centre spokes of wheel are thicker than normal :(

Once fitted it should rotate freely but it didn't and the stretching modification was poorly done. I asked Disklok to let me know when they brought out a revised version but they didn't know if or when that might be :roll:

I am protecting the fobs with a Faraday pouch now from Amazon and always make sure I double lock with door switch not fob to be on safe side :geek:

I'm not sure the OBD is effective now as I know a way round this but if it gives some owners peace of mind then it can't do any harm to fit it. Where do you stop - some people spend a fortune on aftermarket alarms, immobilisers, trackers, etc - I guess you just weigh the risk and cost :?

·
Super Moderator
7,158 Posts
I have dislock , got a small wide off the website, mine fits well and is loose enough for it to rotate freely.
What I did to be sure it fitted was asked called them with my steering wheel diameter so they know what to provide.and put this in the comments.
I think if you just order the small wide it starts off a bit tight then loosens off.
I use a pillowcase instead of the protector so the buttons are covered too just in case I dink them putting it on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.