Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, has anyone seen one on the road yet other than the dealership demo models ? I drive approx. 1500 miles per week but still not seen one other than the one I test drove.Can't wait to see my first REAL one.
Ordered,Corris Grey HSE LUX Auto,Ivory Leather,privacy glass,spare wheel,mud flaps,service pack.Expected end of March.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Tesco Exeter Vale this afternoon. Indus silver with boy-band glass.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I saw two none JLR reg cars on the M40 last Wednesday/Thursday on was a Birmingham reg the other stated with a D. JLR are normally start with a O such as OE , OV etc

I also saw lot of transporters with Discovery Sports on traveling south, my very rough survey of colours of the cars being carried were Grey and White the most popular, say 3 and 2 respectively of each load of 9, one Kakoura, one in a cover (why cover the odd one up) with other colours making up the rest, including one orange but I did not see any Green.

Sad life I lead I know :roll:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good spotting!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Moose said:
I saw two none JLR reg cars on the M40 last Wednesday/Thursday on was a Birmingham reg the other stated with a D. JLR are normally start with a O such as OE , OV etc

I also saw lot of transporters with Discovery Sports on traveling south, my very rough survey of colours of the cars being carried were Grey and White the most popular, say 3 and 2 respectively of each load of 9, one Kakoura, one in a cover (why cover the odd one up) with other colours making up the rest, including one orange but I did not see any Green.

Sad life I lead I know :roll:
This made me laugh outloud!! :D ;) :( :p

·
Registered
230 Posts
Warkman, so do any customers actually have one yet? Or is on LR demo ones released to dealer's and promotional stuff?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I saw one on the A5 this morning near Lichfield which was an odd place for a factory car, maybe a dealers car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw on the m25 an indus silver with black roof. I was behind it admiring it. I came to the conclusion that the indus colour might look quite bland when there are more discos on the road - it was the colour I had planned originally to order. I also saw black on a transporter. I loved it in black it looked really classy. I don't usually go for black but I'm very tempted now. I think it would also look good in corris grey with black trim - my sister has ordered the evoque in that colour so im considering black or scotia grey . Am i right in thinking all the promo photos are scotia grey? In the showroom the sample colour looked very green and so i would like to see it in the flesh. I prefer it to look more silver/grey.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes most promo/brochure pictures are Scotia Grey yet you really have to see this picture ON a car. Maybe you can find an Evoque or RR Sport in this colour? It is rather light (much lighter than Corris Grey) and the amount of "green" really depends on the exterior light conditions. It does seem to work well in HSE Lux spec with lots of chrome/silver accents (personally less sure re combi with black pack)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mangle, sounds like you want Yulong White! :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Warkman said:
Potatoe Farmer said:
Warkman, so do any customers actually have one yet? Or is on LR demo ones released to dealer's and promotional stuff?
Demo and VP build cars only, will start to appear early March, all things going well that is
That sounds like insider speak for minor niggles happening.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Warkman said:
Potatoe Farmer said:
Demo and VP build cars only, will start to appear early March, all things going well that is
What's VP?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Verification (of) Prototypes there is a whole string of acronyms for various stages of a vehicle build between concept and production.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I thought VP= Victoria Beckham...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.