Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Discovery Sport today - first impressions pretty good, with a 50 mile run in the rain this evening on dual carriageways, minor rural roads and a town centre here in darkest Norfolk.

Fuel consumption from cold was 44 mpg on the dual carriageway, dropping to just under 42 mpg for the overall journey. Not at all bad for a brand new car and it can only get better as I get some miles done and it all loosens up.

I tow a caravan so will be interested to see what consumption I manage with that on the next trip in a couple of weeks.

Overall impressions are good - nice to drive, feels safe, quiet and no real complaints except the point raised elsewhere that the satnav does not show place names. I need an overview of towns and villages when in unfamiliar territory for my business and cannot believe this has been omitted. Maybe it will be addressed on an update? I will seriously resent having to get the map out to see where I am, so come on Land Rover - get this sorted. Otherwise a nice system.

I have to say it's nice to have a Land Rover once again as it's 1994 since my last one. That was a new Discovery, preceded by a used one and an older Range Rover before that.

Nice useful forum by the way - I've learned a lot by lurking for the past few days :shock:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks for sharing, enjoy!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dont forget the photos of your new toy....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.