Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon everyone,
I am going to order a discovery sport, but am struggling to make a decision on colour.
I think the choice is between Yulong White and Kaikoura Stone, but I dont think the website shows these colours very well, and I cant seem to find any 'real car' pictures. (The local dealer doesn't have any cars to look at) any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nobody seems to be able to find a conclusive pic of Yulong white. The colour sample in my dealers seems to show it as a very light grey/silver but it was an overcast day and it might be more white on a sunny day. Look here and you'll find Kaikoura http://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=108#p435

·
Registered
562 Posts
Love the colour, but the black pack doesn't work. The bottom of the A pillar should also be black IMHO. Not sure if I like the body coloured C pillar with black pack.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The body colour C pillar is one of my favoured bits :D it is apparently one of the trade marks of the Discovery.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I chose not to spec privacy glass on my Kaikoura DS with black pack. Reason: starts to look a bit like a van without rear seats and the effect of the black "floating" roof is gone. I personally like a black pack since the LED foglights, window seals, surround of front grill, plastic inserts between windows, mudguard surrounds, bottom door sils and bottom of bumpers are all black anyway

·
Registered
329 Posts
nichols2828 said:
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I know colour is a personal thing, but I love the Yulong !
I'm still ummming and ahhhhing about fuji vs yulong. I like white and find flat white wears better by not showing up chips and scuffs too much. It's also easy to repair. However, given the cost of the car I then wonder whether the yulong would look a bit more premium. Then I look at the flat white Evoques and they look great so I get back to saving myself £600. Another first world dilemma.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Don't forget the mud guards if you order in any white
:D

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm handy with a sponge (never really liked flaps - but now you've got me thinking) :)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I am going with soft rubber defender rear flaps cut to size, they are bigger but really cut down the spray up the back and also keep the Caravan cleaner too.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I note on the configurator it seems to suggest that the rear mud flaps are for cars with 7 seat and reduced spare.

"Offered for vehicles equipped with 5+2 seating and reduced section spare wheel- Part No: VPLCP0205." Does that mean you have to have the reduced spare to have the flaps - if so how odd?

·
Registered
829 Posts
It says so while in Europe we have to spec the flaps based on whether we chose the 7 seater; hence really two versions for the rear...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Moose said:
The body colour C pillar is one of my favoured bits :D it is apparently one of the trade marks of the Discovery.
Agree totally!

·
Registered
270 Posts
KaikouraDiscoSport said:
I chose not to spec privacy glass on my Kaikoura DS with black pack. Reason: starts to look a bit like a van without rear seats and the effect of the black "floating" roof is gone. I personally like a black pack since the LED foglights, window seals, surround of front grill, plastic inserts between windows, mudguard surrounds, bottom door sils and bottom of bumpers are all black anyway
Personally I would rather have all my windows the same tint so I never spec privacy glass. In sunny QLD we need as much tint as we can get! I will just get after market tint and it's cheaper too (still with lifetime warranty).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Im thinking of going slightly off piste with the colour. Looked at scotia grey with cirrus/lunar but the good lady does not like the scotia. Saw and tested a corris grey but all the interiors were black. So have ordered corris grey with cirrus/lunar grained leather. Am I mad I think as I see all the white variations on here...... :roll:

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The only colours I would not have are the Green and the overpriced black*, the rest are all good IMHO, I just thought one was slightly better than the rest :D

There is a black available on the D4 which I really like, it has a blue flake in it, not sure what it is called but I would have had that if it was possible.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Barolo balck is the pricey!

Disco Bob, NY the colour you want, Corris is a great colour, with the light interior will be very classy. I do like that Yulong White, didn't know anything about it when I ordered....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw two discovery sports on the road for the first time today. The first was indus silver with panoramic sunroof and black contrasting roof. I was behind it and it looked lovely. It was a head turner but I think that might have been because of the car and that I've not seen one on the road before - I'm not sure when more are on the road that colour will be striking. Although the roof looked good and I did really like the colour. I then saw a santorini black on a transporter. It was harder to get a good look but it looked really special! I'm close to ordering and trying to decide between santorini black or white with black contrast. My favourite is corris grey with black contrast but my sister has just ordered an evoque in those colours!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for your reply,
The trouble is, I find, that once you decide on colour, and arre driving your car, you are somehow envious every time you pass a car with one of the colours you didn't pick !
Anyway, I have finally decided on Yulong White with grey roof... Just will look away when I see one on the road !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts