Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Collected our new discovery sport yesterday. Has anyone looked at/been able to source black Landrover badges? The badges are black with green and these don't look the best with the black pack and also the black centre caps with green Landrover lettering could look better with the black alloys..

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Supercharged RRS badges worked on the D3, I am not sure if the size is correct.
The black wheel badges can be had from LR spares or fleabay.

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all your replies. Will have a look. Bit wary of eBay as don't really want a non genuine product that may not last or begin to tarnish over time. Emailed duckworths regarding badges the other day but no reply as yet...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Those black centre caps are the gen item.

Dealers charge that for one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks j77. Their feedback is pretty poor so will just stick with what I have meantime or just stump up for caps from a genuine Landrover retailer.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I brought some black badged wheel caps for the D3 from e-bay and they where of a lesser quality, however you did need to look closely from 3' they where fine. The main badges outside, steering wheel, and door cards I used O/E.

There used to be a guy at Yeovil Land Rover who gave the guys on the D3 forum a discount.

·
Registered
677 Posts
acheyne said:
Thanks j77. Their feedback is pretty poor so will just stick with what I have meantime or just stump up for caps from a genuine Landrover retailer.
Sorry, they were the first I came across.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Peter79. The Discovery lettering on the front and rear is black but the oval badges are black with green Landrover logo.

Will take measurements tomorrow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So black and green rather than silver and green. Sounds like I need to get some replacements them.

Many thanks acheyne for the update and the measurements to follow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes black and green so could be worse if silver and green. Wheel centre Caps are black with green also.

I've been looking for replacements myself...

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice Peter, I ordered the same for my Black Pack wheels...

The badges of other LR models fit I was told and I will replace the front and 2 side ones with the black / silver version. Don't forget to delete the "HSE 2.2 SD4" and "Sport" letters on the back as these are always silver for some reason...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't mind the hse etc on the back in silver it's just the green against the black is a shocker on the main badging.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What she'll look like (only HSE opposed to lux but the exterior is the same with the black pack)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice touch brulz but are the steering wheels the snae size as I have a disco at the minute and the actual wheel is definitely bigger than the sport

1 - 20 of 21 Posts