Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We've got a Discovery Sport 2015. The Satnav has been really accurate, up until last week. Now, it is incorrectly showing the vehicle's location on the screen between 1-3 miles from the correct location.

We have tried updating the SD Card via the Landrover Website's InControl Touch Map Updater, but this hasn't fixed the problem.

Also, we've tried removing the SD Card and reinserting to see if that would reset - no luck. Also, we've tried storing the current location to see if that would reset but still no improvement.

We just wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem and knows how to fix it please?

Any advice would be very much appreciated. :)

·
Super Moderator
631 Posts
Not sure if it will help but try to copy the sim card directly to a new faster sim card. You can just copy the sim card to your computer and then copy from your computer diectly to the sim card. You will then have a backup copy on your computer as well as the original sim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Canuk!

Thanks very much for replying to our post! We've done as you suggested and used a new and unused SD card that we had at home.

Unfortunately though it hasn't resolved the problem, and the vehicle's location is still being displayed incorrectly on the Satnav, about 2.6 miles away from the correct location...

Thanks again for your help. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, came across a post on a Range Rover forum with the same symptoms.
It said "Apparently the gps antenna is easily damaged by vibration or similar and the problem is fixed by replacing this antenna"
The sat nav needs to get a strong signal from multiple satellites to get an accurate fix, so won't work properly with a weak signal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2015 model also, but never experienced any problems. Looking at the antenna on my vehicle compared to later models, the later models have a much more pronounced antenna. Maybe switching to a late model antenna will solve the issue, although if it was accurate up until last week, it may be a faulty connection as suggested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 model.
Sat nav is dated so doesn't recognise a lot of recent road improvements.
I've got an SD out of a later model, but it tells me it's not registered to the vehicle VIN. Is there a way to resolve this issue.
This may also help with the original issue of GPS issues.

·
Registered
388 Posts
When you need to update the maps, you go to the InControl web site and log on. If you have a current subscription it will allow you to download the latest maps to a SD card / USB stick, as part of the download it encrypts the vehicle VIN number into the map download. This is to stop me (and others) downloading a map and sharing it with family and friends. So taking the map SD or USB card from another vehicle just won't work.

·
Super Moderator
631 Posts
I have a 2015 model.
I've got an SD out of a later model, but it tells me it's not registered to the vehicle VIN. Is there a way to resolve this issue.
This may also help with the original issue of GPS issues.
Curious? Did your car come with a SD card originally? If so you have to use the original SD card to do an upgrade.

As Andy states Land Rover thinks many of us would just share the maps , hard to believe LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts