Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not really a lot in the US and I really tried hard. They sold the Discos right off the truck. I got a $500 discount and a few gadgets for our son.

They gave me a good price for my trade-in, that let me be happy with the deal. Plus our dealer does free loaner cars and other benefits which also cut costs a bit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I really struggled to get anything, phoned around a few dealers as well. As philn said there is such a demand that they have no incentive to discount, i would try and negotiate a good trade in at least (if applicable)

Sites such as broadspeed.com are showing nothing, and even on the evoque very small discounts even after a number of years!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I managed to get 1k off RRP and the dealer seems to have absorbed the cost of the Firenze paint too. Plus I got the APR rate down from some ludicrous % they offered at first. I'm guessing they get a commission for the finance so they probably absorbed some of it in that. I did say that I had been offered a deal on an X3. That seemed to focus minds. I'm amazed I got any of that to be honest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got £1100 off RRP and my Trade in matched the What Car guide top book price on a Sept "to be" delivered Ingenium HSE Black with heated rear seats, roof-rails and cross bars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got service pack for free and a slightly increased mileage allowance (up 3k per annum) on the finance deal. I ordered week the ingenium announcement came out and they were selling their initial allocation fast (I saw 4 sold in my 2 visits), so they showed little interest in haggling.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here in Oz I tried five dealers, most wouldn't budge because they could fill their allocation without having to discount.

In the end I gave two dealers a changeover price, one said no and the other after a couple of weeks increased my trade in by $3-4k to get to my number.

I also pre-traded my car as they wouldn't guarantee the value until the DS delivery.

Just got to wait until Sep for the car.

I wish there was more positive spin on this forum and most seems quite negative for the DS.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I ordered an HSE Black edition in June and ended up with the adaptive xenons, configurable mood lighting, and perpendicular parking system. That's about £1,500 I recall. Reason being, when I configured the car online you can add those options, and they come up at no cost, whilst the extra USBs and spare wheel I added did have costs next to them. Paid my deposit on the agreed spec from the configurator, it had a final cost on the sheet. Couple of days later the dealer called to say those options had a cost and they couldn't do it. I said that wasn't fair, and to be fair to my salesman he totally agreed with me, and after a few chats with his manager they agreed to throw them in for free.

Check it out on the configurator, those options I believe still have no cost. It gives you the choice of standard xenons or adaptive, so hey what are you going to pick? You can add the parking system (both option types), at no cost, what are you going to do? Same with the mood lighting (which I think is great because everyone is moaning about it on the forum and I got it for free), I just hope they resolve the snag with it by the time of delivery in Sept/Oct.

Great configurator(!) and as I said a really good salesman for admitting that was a JLR fault.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am in the UK and got nothing off the car but got 50% off extras & black pack. Car arrived at dealers - popped in to do the paperwork 3 days before I was due to take delivery.
It was then I was told my px had "plumetted" in value in the 2 months since I ordered my DS and for the deal to proceed I would have to hand over another £286.00 (That's NOT a typo)
So I did the decent thing- cancelled and walked.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wolverine said:
I am in the UK and got nothing off the car but got 50% off extras & black pack. Car arrived at dealers - popped in to do the paperwork 3 days before I was due to take delivery.
It was then I was told my px had "plumetted" in value in the 2 months since I ordered my DS and for the deal to proceed I would have to hand over another £286.00 (That's NOT a typo)
So I did the decent thing- cancelled and walked.
Whilst the dealer was pulling a fast one on the PX ( I guarantee they will do the same with me, the agreed PX value is worthless) the 50% off on the extras and black pack was a pretty good deal, i would have sucked it up and paid the extra.

N

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
For me unbelievable that the dealer should go back on the agreed PX price. Here (at least for me) it has always been part of the contract. Also I've never had to put down any deposit. Different markets, different conditions.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The PX amount changed by £1,250 on my deal over the four months I waited. I must admit this did seem excessive, I tried to sell privately but had no success. I now see my PXed Jag is on the dealers website advertised at £3000 more than I was given for it, c'est la vie.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I ordered car in January and agreed price for March delivery with a proviso that if it was delayed they would honour the price. Must admit wasn't too happy with PX price but I never am.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.