Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Sky
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Thought I would post a couple of pics from our recent trip to the Alps.

We drove to France on 27th March. I thought I must be one of the first UK drivers to cross the channel, but I was a little disappointed (and also excited) to see another UK Disco Sport in Firenze Red at a Service Station in Eastern France.

We did about 1400 miles, and the car was faultless. The Rear Seat Entertainment was a boon for the long drive. The kids were kept duly quiet.

The photo with snow shows the windscreen wipers in "Winter mode". They rest above the level of the bonnet so that they don't get frozen in accumulated snow. Very clever. We left the alps to return home in a snowstorm, and the car felt planted and there was never any concern about sliding.

For a comparison, I drove to the Alps in Eco Mode, and returned in normal mode. Noticed around 4mpg difference in Eco mode, but no real noticeable difference in driving experience, so I have invoked Eco Mode on a permanent basis.

Car has now done around 2800 miles and has proved to be excellent. I can't find any faults so far. Mine was released before the embargo, but I have not been contacted by the dealer for a recall.

All in all, the car has been better than expected, and I can see it being a great long-term seller, there is little to criticize. It is smaller than I am used to (part ex-ed a Disco 4), but feels like a quantum leap in terms of driving experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Excellent photos....although I do feel you could have sent one of the kids out into a field with a camera to photograph you battling through an Alpine snowstorm....... :)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and it's good to hear your very positive comments.
Could I ask whether or not you feel the adaptive Xenons are worth it?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the adaptive xenons. Before the clocks went forward, I went out a few times in the dark and it really is noticeably easier to see, especially turning right or left at a t-junction. I suppose it depends how much driving you do on unlit country roads. If you do a lot, then in my view, they are worth it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.